Blue Jays @ Sox, 6/10 7:10 cst

Nice inning Codi! Ngl I was worried about bringing him in, and he was aided by a poor approach by the Blue Jays hitters, but tbh that changeup followed by a fast sinker is a great recipe for ground balls, which is what he induced. He was on and hopefully that gross ERA trends downward from here on out

Just now, Chris Sale said:

Nice inning Codi! Ngl I was worried about bringing him in, and he was aided by a poor approach by the Blue Jays hitters, but tbh that changeup followed by a fast sinker is a great recipe for ground balls, which is what he induced. He was on and hopefully that gross ERA trends downward from here on out

Still needs to stop hanging that slider. It was nasty last year 

When Codi came up last year, he had great mound presence and used his sinker to overpower guys. Now it looks like his sinker is a pitch-to-contact type of pitch and he's trying to get swings and misses on his change up. I think he's just gotta locate the sinker better. He's leaving it over the plate far too often. It also seems like it's nearly 1 MPH slower than it was last year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Ump squeezing Heuer now 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bellino's zone has shrunk in the last inning. 

He hasn't called anything up and in, in the zone at all. Sox got the benefit of a few of those with Castro and Ryu. The 1st one Codi missed his spot and Grandal moving his glove a lot to catch makes it harder for the ump to call it a strike.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He hasn't called anything up and in, in the zone at all. Sox got the benefit of a few of those with Castro and Ryu. The 1st one Codi missed his spot and Grandal moving his glove a lot to catch makes it harder for the ump to call it a strike.

He squeezed Castro too. 

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Blue Jay bullpen management Tuesday still mystifys me 

I saw who they threw out there last night and wondered why they didn't use those guys on Tuesday. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Has Lamb ever played 2nd at any level?

I don't think so and I bet he would be terrible. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to play a position like 2B. His few appearances at 1B this year were horrendous.