Trade Targets in response to Madrigal’s injury

Just now, bmags said:

To date the sox have been right in being conservative in additions. So I'd get it if they did it again.

But obviously I would enjoy an upgrade, this team is too good to take chances on a few too many injuries depriving us of the post season.

They have a lead, and some hope the players return. At the deadline, there may be a little more pressure on them if the race is tight, and the injured guys aren't progressing. 

21 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I disagree, I don’t want to see a combo of Leury/Mendick/Eaton play every day for the next month and a half. 

I don't want to see a combination including Leury either. I don't want to brush my teeth when Im falling asleep at midnight. That doesn't mean it's not what's best.

The important thing is our pitching is carrying us and Cleveland could conceivably sell. With their awful ownership they could be 3-4 games back and sell J-Ram. Point being, we shouldn't do anything rash. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I don't want to see a combination including Leury either. I don't want to brush my teeth when Im falling asleep at midnight. That doesn't mean it's not what's best.

The important thing is our pitching is carrying us and Cleveland could conceivably sell. With their awful ownership they could be 3-4 games back and sell J-Ram. Point being, we shouldn't do anything rash. 

I agree. Like I said before, the Indians do not scare me at all. Even with the Sox injuries.

I would not be going after the high end names to where we have to give up a significant piece for the future, because at the end of the day that’s what the Sox nucleus is still built for. Being good for a long time.

Giving up on a guy like Crochet could have a lot of ppl kicking themselves. The guy has electric stuff. Especially with Lynn and Los FA looming. 

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

They'll still somehow win games 1-0 and be a pain in the Sox ass.

26 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Right now, they are pretty much the 2017-2019 White Sox with a much better rotation and Liam Hendriks. 

Ah, but isn't that enough to make the playoffs and when Madrigal, Eloy and Robert return, isn't that enough to make a run in said playoffs provided they do something to shore up the bullpen?

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ah, but isn't that enough to make the playoffs and when Madrigal, Eloy and Robert return, isn't that enough to make a run in said playoffs provided they do something to shore up the bullpen?

I would think so. If they had fewer injuries, the race would be over. There is going to be a lot of weight on the pitcher's shoulders. If the Sox can avoid some bad injuries there, they should be OK.

3 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Just collecting some thoughts:

2b:

Adam Frazier

Ketel Marte

Eduardo Escobar

Cesar Hernandez

Thoughts: I have not seen any rumors that Ketel Marte is even on the trading block. Regardless, the White Sox have almost NOTHING of interest to the Diamondbacks in a ketel trade. This is a fantasy (an amazing one). Eduardo Escobar and Adam Frazier are both intriguing, but could be somewhat sought after. I think if Madrigal is indeed down for a while, you definitely make a trade for either of them. 

OF: 

Ketel Marte (double)

Joey Gallo

Charlie Blackmon

Starlin Marte

Mitch Haniger

Thoughts: This is where it gets really interesting IMO. Blackmon should be had for basically nothing. The only reason he isn't a White Sock right now is $$$ and how lame this teams ownership is. Rockies should be willing to give Blackmon up for just about anything. Starlin Marte is IMO the best of the bunch. He should also be cheap, but if enough competition comes out and he keeps raking, his cost could go up which leads me to think that the Marlins are holding out on any trade here until the deadline. IMO, that would be too late for the CWS. Joey Gallo's ship has sailed. Padres have interest in Gallo and there's nothing the White Sox can do to compete with their deals/farm. Haniger is another interesting piece, but I have to admit that I have no interest in him. 

RP

Rasiel Iglesais

Richard Rodriguez

You offer D-Backs Madrigal plus other things for Marte if you want to get really crazy.  Nick is such a polarizing player though so not sure how other teams would view, but there is theoretically some logic to the move.

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You offer D-Backs Madrigal plus other things for Marte if you want to get really crazy.  Nick is such a polarizing player though so not sure how other teams would view, but there is theoretically some logic to the move.

I can just see KW, we got Iglesias....ooops, the Cuban SS instead of short reliever?

No, this Florida State Leaguer Iglesais.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I can just see KW, we got Iglesias....ooops, the Cuban SS instead of short reliever?

No, this Florida State Leaguer Iglesais.

Maybe don't post every thought that comes into your head? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Sox should wait. Given how few assets they can afford to use (both money and prospects), they need to brace for a bigger hole to open up. For example, if a starter goes down, the drop off is much more severe than from Madrigal to Mendick

I would suspect that if a starter goes down anytime after about July 15th, we have a pretty good guy to step in and take that spot.  I am not all that concerned about adding SP depth atm.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Has anyone been paying attention? If Madrigal is out long enough to require an addition, Yolmer part 3 will happen. He is hitting .167 in AAA with a ton of strikeouts. He won't cost anything.

And how is he better than what's already here?  Nick is a replacement level player, amiright?  😜

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They have a lead, and some hope the players return. At the deadline, there may be a little more pressure on them if the race is tight, and the injured guys aren't progressing. 

Absolutely and I've been amazed. And maybe it has felt more razor thin than it has been, but we've gotten a lot out of the backups so far, and I'm just worried it will add two black holes to the lineup and what that means.

But the sox have done excellent in free agency this year and on the margins, areas where they have been horrendous prior. I'm here for the ride, but acquisitions are totally fun so I'll probably lean in that direction.

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I know you have loosened your TLR tinfoil hat because the Sox are winning, but thinking the Sox FO wanted to lose last year because Tony was coming is one of your laziest and tired analysis in quite a while 

Did I say FO? No. Perhaps consider reading posts before trolling.

Jerry’s huge trade deadline expenditure, 30 days at minimum salary. Probably wanted Ricky to fail at that point, since he knew he was bringing in his BFF Tony.

I can’t believe some people on here are suggesting the club trade Crochet for a 2nd baseman. Ridiculous. This injury sucks cause depth is beat up - but thankfully they have built some cushion and really need to grind into August when reinforcements should be coming. 

I am totally good getting a piece but I am not trading someone like crochet for a guy who will go back to the bench in 2 months or be a super sub. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

This - they don’t need to over react at this moment. That pressure could change in a month - but no need to jump the gun unless the right deal is there. 

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Did I say FO? No. Perhaps consider reading posts before trolling.

Jerry’s huge trade deadline expenditure, 30 days at minimum salary. Probably wanted Ricky to fail at that point, since he knew he was bringing in his BFF Tony.

I know you have loosened your TLR tinfoil hat because the Sox are winning, but thinking that Jerry Reinsdorf wanted to lose last year because Tony was coming is one of your laziest and tired analysis in quite a while 

• Love 1