And That's a White Sox Winner !!

Subtracting the runs given away this series (5 last night, 1 tonight) Toronto earned just 3 runs, one in each game, this series. Excellent pitching against a dangerous lineup. Good bounce back tonight from last night. The team has been consistently professional this season. Don’t stop now, boys!

Just now, asindc said:

Subtracting the runs given away this series (5 last night, 1 tonight) Toronto earned just 3 runs, one in each game, this series. Excellent pitching against a dangerous lineup. Good bounce back tonight from last night. The team has been consistently professional this season. Don’t stop now, boys!

Our starters absolutely shut down a really good offense with the best hitter in baseball (Vlad). It's seriously impressive. 

• Like 2

Yeah I wasn't counting on this win tonight, after losing yesterday I kind of thought it was a series loss. Keuchel really pitched well, 8 K's has to be a high for him over the past several years, right? 

I kind of like Yermin in the 2 hole with Grandal / Vaughn at 5/6. It puts our best 6 hitters at the top. No more Lamb in the 2 hole against RHP. Let's hit our best 6 in the top 6 in the order. 

Sox are now 29-4 vs. LHP, 44-45 vs. RHP and 43-23 at Home, 30-26 on the Road since 2020.

Smart playoff teams (thinking Tampa in the AL) with a LHS will use an RH Opener, especially in Chicago, see if Tony overcommits to the platoon split.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
added "since 2020" and last night's win to the Home record

9 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Didn’t get to watch tonight, big win following the shit show yesterday and Madrigals hamstring falling off his leg.

Same, followed on phone notifications. Glad to hear Keuchel came back.

For a team that didn't K much, blue jays really struggled against our staff. We have a damn good pitching staff, and while I'm a little worried about fades from Cease/Rodon, having guys like Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn makes me feel a lot more confident than other teams would be with their staffs that have been on training wheels for most of their careers.

I absolutely LOVE how pumped the bullpen gets after they get the final out in the late innings of these tightly contested ballgames.

Gives me the tinglies.

I effing hate how late these games go though. They seriously need to strongly consider starting at least at 6:30 central, next season. 6:00ish would be ideal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I absolutely LOVE how pumped the bullpen gets after they get the final out in the late innings of these tightly contested ballgames.

Gives me the tinglies.

I effing hate how late these games go though. They seriously need to strongly consider starting at least at 6:30 central, next season. 6:00ish would be ideal.

Wasn't the game over before 10?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Sorry gramps.

You can always move to China with Caulfield and the games will start at 7am instead of PM

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Same, followed on phone notifications. Glad to hear Keuchel came back.

For a team that didn't K much, blue jays really struggled against our staff. We have a damn good pitching staff, and while I'm a little worried about fades from Cease/Rodon, having guys like Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn makes me feel a lot more confident than other teams would be with their staffs that have been on training wheels for most of their careers.

This is what baffles me when Cleveland has games where they look like an offensive juggernaut against our staff. I’m guess ALC familiarity but their lineup is putrid and then Toronto looks pretty bad against us 3 straight games.

also to your second point maybe it’s the meatball in me but I’m legit not worried about  fade in Rodon. His stuff is next level this year. Cease a little more since he’s looked a vulnerable at times but the staff looks like when 1 guy has a lull another shoves to make up for it. The makings of something special right now.

27 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

This is what baffles me when Cleveland has games where they look like an offensive juggernaut against our staff. I’m guess ALC familiarity but their lineup is putrid and then Toronto looks pretty bad against us 3 straight games.

also to your second point maybe it’s the meatball in me but I’m legit not worried about  fade in Rodon. His stuff is next level this year. Cease a little more since he’s looked a vulnerable at times but the staff looks like when 1 guy has a lull another shoves to make up for it. The makings of something special right now.

Ha, I know, and it's been years of that. They are this terrible offense that can't scrape three runs together vs. baltimore than faces us and puts up 8 spots.

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Gives me the tinglies.

Love our closer. Wow he's into the team winning. ...Sox have had some good closers. Hendriks is another. I applaud his work and his personality.

Regarding your last point, people think we are outdated crabby fans, but baseball is about dead because of the length of games. The slow pace has killed the young generation of fans. Right now all baseball has going for it to the youth is the bat flip after a bomb. My solution is to fire all umps and start over with the rulebook and make the umps enforce the rules and be proud of the pace of their games. Current umps hate baseball, pure and simple. Their union has done a nice job getting them a good check.