Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst

Taking my girlfriend to her birthday dinner tonight so I'll miss this one. Was wrong about Mercedes in the 2 hole. From the outset that just looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Grandal hitting more consistently has really helped the past few games. 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

nice.  I actually have basically quit after being a daily smoker for much of the last 15 years.  I am smoking maybe once or twice a week at most now and it's only off my dab pen. Been on this schedule for about 4 months now, which is a big change.  It's def better not to smoke ever day, sleep is way better now, more REM.  I don't want to say weed is a hard drug that will ruin your life but it's def something that as you get older becomes a drag on productivity.

Is there any truth to this? I've never heard it impacting REM sleep.

45 minutes ago, Baron said:

Taking my girlfriend to her birthday dinner tonight so I'll miss this one. Was wrong about Mercedes in the 2 hole. From the outset that just looked like a disaster waiting to happen. Grandal hitting more consistently has really helped the past few games. 

Happy birthday to your lady? Will you be upgrading her title soon?

59 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

It’s also poor taste. Everyone knows what he was saying was an overreaction. Jack himself will tell you that in due time. Kicking people while they’re down is just flat out weak and it’s what weak people do to feel less weak. 

Doesn't mean people shouldn't be held accountable for what they say.

29 minutes ago, ron883 said:

some people do not dream if they smoke within a couple hours of bed. if you smoke in the morning, you'll be fine, but if you smoke before going to bed you may not sleep as well.

i don't dream if i smoke near bed time, and if i do it for a lot of days in a row, if i spot I have the most lucid dreams you could imagine. wild stuff.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Did you get her a Collins jersey?

25 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

some people do not dream if they smoke within a couple hours of bed. if you smoke in the morning, you'll be fine, but if you smoke before going to bed you may not sleep as well.

i don't dream if i smoke near bed time, and if i do it for a lot of days in a row, if i spot I have the most lucid dreams you could imagine. wild stuff.

I wonder if this has to do with nicotine or some byproduct of smoking/dopamine. 

I vape (quit smoking several years back) and I have terribly lucid dreams that are difficult to distinguish from reality. 

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

ask any heavy smoker what happens when they quit and almost everybody will say "intense dreams".  There is a lot of evidence that chronic use inhibits REM.  It's one of the main reasons a lot of people decide to give up everyday use.  FWIW I never really noticed until middle age and over a decade of heavy use.

I'm not anti weed at all, I just think using it everyday does have some drawbacks for many people.  everything in moderation, even moderation.

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Also meanwhile; who gives a fuck about the cubs

Uh, lots of people care. I'm very very sorry if that bothers you and wish you a speedy recovery from that pain.

The Cubs being idiots, getting worse, and lessening their brand directly impacts the White Sox in a positive way given that they compete for the same demographic of fan.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh, lots of people care. I'm very very sorry if that bothers you and wish you a speedy recovery from that pain.

The Cubs being idiots, getting worse, and lessening their brand directly impacts the White Sox in a positive way given that they compete for the same demographic of fan.

This is false. Rooting against the Cubs is stupid and proves one isn't a real fan. There is no logic to wanting to successfully beat out a local competitor for advertisers, tv coverage, fan support, city support, and customers. Also no logic in wanting to walk around the city or burbs with pride knowing you have the better team for the longhaul after having to hear their shit talking. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is false. Rooting against the Cubs is stupid and proves one isn't a real fan. There is no logic to wanting to successfully beat out a local competitor for advertisers, tv coverage, fan support, city support, and customers. Also no logic in wanting to walk around the city or burbs with pride knowing you have the better team for the longhaul after having to hear their shit talking. 

Let the troll be a troll

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

What???