Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is false. Rooting against the Cubs is stupid and proves one isn't a real fan. There is no logic to wanting to successfully beat out a local competitor for advertisers, tv coverage, fan support, city support, and customers. Also no logic in wanting to walk around the city or burbs with pride knowing you have the better team for the longhaul after having to hear their shit talking. 

Agreed. Please only discuss things approved by blackout in the future. But also please remember, do not ever tell a sox fan how to express their emotions or that said emotions are wrong. Blackout has many rules, lets try our best to keep up with them. 

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Wow.  Arrieta of course but I have to say I wouldn't have pegged him.  Kind of on-brand for the organization, though.

I was really surprised when I heard that.  Arrieta didn't surprise me, though.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

???

Rooting against the Cubbies has Nothing to do with whether someone is a fan of the White Sox or not.  I just don't understand your point.  There are many people on this site who do not like the Cubs because so many of their fans are asshats.  If you want to root for them or just don't care fine but your point about who is a real fan is one that I strongly disagree with.

Just now, wegner said:

Rooting against the Cubbies has Nothing to do with whether someone is a fan of the White Sox or not.  I just don't understand your point.  There are many people on this site who do not like the Cubs because so many of their fans are asshats.  If you want to root for them or just don't care fine but your point about who is a real fan is one that I strongly disagree with.

Roache was mocking the idea that no one cares about the cubs and there's no reason to think about them or their success as a sox fan.

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

???

Sorry, missed the sarcasm.  I apologize and ignore my earlier rant.

Note to self...working and following a gamethread part time can make one look stupid.  I'll wait til gametime to post similar misunderstandings.

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh, lots of people care. I'm very very sorry if that bothers you and wish you a speedy recovery from that pain.

The Cubs being idiots, getting worse, and lessening their brand directly impacts the White Sox in a positive way given that they compete for the same demographic of fan.

You and others still believe this myth, come on now. :rolleyes:

The Cubs have sucked for my entire lifetime and they remain the more popular team each year, and it's not even close. 

Cubs losing (which btw they haven't now for a good sustained run here)  and "Cubs being Idiots" has had little effect to no impact in helping White Sox business.  And that's a fact. 

Let's stop bringing on this Cubs bullshit on these White Sox threads, please. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

It's so weird that people are so invested in denying a totally natural cross-town rivalry. If we just "ignored" or didn't care about our cross-town team in the same sport and league we'd be the first city/team in history to do so.

4 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

lol small people get smalller. Let’s discuss the game. 

Yes. Lineup as expected, except Garcia and Collins were flipped. Hoping Tony works in a day off for Moncada and Tim this series (Abreu off last week), will likely want to play the core next week vs. the much tougher teams (TB and Houston).

With Grandal apparently healthier, can have him spell Abreu at 1B, or Yermin against tough RHPs, when Collins is catching Lucas and Carlos.

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

It's so weird that people are so invested in denying a totally natural cross-town rivalry. If we just "ignored" or didn't care about our cross-town team in the same sport and league we'd be the first city/team in history to do so.

I find it way more weird that people (Sox Fans) allow the Cubs to take space in their minds on a day to day basis. 

They don't play in the same division or league, there's no relevance to this rivalry unless you play them head to head. 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I find it way more weird that people (Sox Fans) allow the Cubs to take space in their minds on a day to day basis. 

They don't play in the same division or league, there's no relevance to this rivalry unless you play them head to head. 

This is covered in another thread, but there's way more to a rivalry than being in the same division, and pretending the teams' fortunes are unrelated is folly.  Anyway, people root against teams all the time for all kinds of reasons, it's part of sports that nobody questions outside this context.  If you say "I don't like the Lakers" or "I don't like Notre Dame" nobody says "WHY?  What division is your favorite team in?  I must know this information before I can decide whether you're allowed to root against them."  It's only with Cub fans, and a smaller sliver Sox fans, where people have this need to make a show of their supposed indifference to the other team--and demand indifference from others--as a way of proving some kind of fan purity. It's fascinating to me.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yes, not sure why folks' cubsession worked itself into today's game thread.

It's why I opened the game thread during their season best six game winning streak only after the lineup was available, to keep focus on the game at hand. Plenty of other threads for this.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I’ve chosen so far not to get it as well... not because of any of the tinfoil hat factors but because of the following:

1.) I’m not public facing

2.) Any family I am around who is high risk got it

3.) Only 2 per 1,000 people are having active infections

If I was a professional baseball player who is constantly around others and is constantly traveling... it wouldn’t have been a “tough decision”

34 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

lol small people get smalller. Let’s discuss the game. 

We are all Sox fans pulling for the same goals. Things can get off topic but always remember that. I appreciate any and all Sox fans willing to spend this much time on a message board to discuss our team. And as was stated, nothing wrong with Cubs banter because they are a local rival. Our team deserves their due (which they are getting), so we must continue to be a vocal bunch. Remember when Liam gave us a shoutout for being so passionate about it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

We are all Sox fans pulling for the same goals. Things can get off topic but always remember that. I appreciate any and all Sox fans willing to spend this much time on a message board to discuss our team. And as was stated, nothing wrong with Cubs banter because they are a local rival. Our team deserves their due (which they are getting), so we must continue to be a vocal bunch. Remember when Liam gave us a shoutout for being so passionate about it?

100%

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

Finally, La Russa is showing that he understands the modern game.

I'm talking about Tim Anderson at catcher.

Must have seen Tim's stash of pine tar, sharpened catcher shin protectors and the spider tack Tim keeps for his chest protector and mound visits.

yadiermolina.jpg?w=1200