Bowden mentions Sox potential interest in Frazier

Lillian

4 minutes ago, heirdog said:

I'd deal Thompson, Sosa and Rutherford for Frazier in a heartbeat.

The fact that a Pirates fan blog made up that deal is surprising. That's almost an unfair trade for them lol.

Just now, chw42 said:

The fact that a Pirates fan blog made up that deal is surprising. That's almost an unfair trade for them lol.

The irony after that same blog/twitter account used to say Sox fans were crazy thinking Quintana would get as much as he did in terms of prospects.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

The irony after that same blog/twitter account used to say Sox fans were crazy thinking Quintana would get as much as he did in terms of prospects.

Hah maybe he just doesn't value MLB talent 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wasn't he suggesting (tweeting/blogging) Quintana to Pirates for Glasnow or Meadows + another mid-tier prospect?  

When it was all said and done, they gave up a lot more for Archer a year later.  Looking back at it, would we have preferred Glasnow, Meadows and Baz for Quintana instead of Eloy and Cease?  I like our return better but I'm biased.

1 minute ago, heirdog said:

Wasn't he suggesting (tweeting/blogging) Quintana to Pirates for Glasnow or Meadows + another mid-tier prospect?  

When it was all said and done, they gave up a lot more for Archer a year later.  Looking back at it, would we have preferred Glasnow, Meadows and Baz for Quintana instead of Eloy and Cease?  I like our return better but I'm biased.

Glasnow > Cease and Eloy > Meadows. All things considered I think it's pretty even.

17 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Iirc a deal around Glasnow and Meadows was actually the White Sox request. The pirates balked, and held onto both guys, only to have the value of both decrease when they got to the big leagues and had normal early struggles. They then traded them at their low point in value.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

The article is a hypothetical from a Pirates site, but their ask is Thompson, Sosa, and Rutherford.

That is remarkably level headed. I enjoyed rum bunter a lot during the Q days. Their prospect site is awesome too

On 7/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, heirdog said:

Baz looks like a stud as well

Pirates really screwed up that trade

On 7/21/2021 at 7:05 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Rutherford has literally zero value at this point.  To be honest, I doubt he survives the offseason on our 40 man roster.  He literally doesn’t bring a single plus tool to the table.

He’s been terrible in Charlotte too. For being a hitters dream, that field has done nothing for him.

• Like 1