Sox @ Tigers, 6/12 3:10 ct

On 5/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, bmags said:

I couldn't stand kalapse being disappointed anymore.

57 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

If this lineup makes it happen we are breaking the 100 win mark this year.

This is kind of where I'm at with this team, too.  I keep doing double takes at the lineup, but they keep winning.  What they've been able to accomplish so far given the injuries the team has had to overcome is absolutely remarkable.  Hopefully it continues.

• Fire 1

I think Yoan is getting a much deserved break, might do him some good, he's been scuffling a bit recently just when it looked like he was getting hot.

Just want to give a shout out to the boys, they've been getting done what with all the injuries, 3 starters out and one of our best bullpen arms...yet we still have some folks here complaining as if the White Sox were one of the worst teams in baseball 😂

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
misspell

9 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Don't tune in today, TLR has a bet on this one and it's not for the Sox to win 

tenor.gif

Oh, come on.  Given the history of White Sox betting on games, this isn't real funny.

Anyway, I just rewatched the condensed game from last night.  My takeaway was that I'm just thrilled about/for Danny Mendick and Adam Engel.  Two players who survived the rebuild to offer meaningful playing time when the team is competitive.  Really happy for them.

Edit: Throwing games, maybe a distinction without a difference...but you get my point.

Edited by BRDSR
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Anderson SS Goodwin CF Grandal C Abreu 1B Mercedes DH Eaton RF Lamb LF Garcia 3B Mendick 2B

This is a joke! Why isn't Engel in CF? He has played a perfect CF defensively as we expected and has 2 HR's in 5 games. Goodwin was hitting .244 BA in Triple A Charlotte. Are you kidding me...this is insanely stupid. Oh I get it, he cant hit in Triple A, but hey don't worry, Goodwin will improve and hit much higher at the ML level. We didn't need a CF brought up...we needed a 2B brought up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

This is a joke! Why isn't Engel in CF? He has played a perfect CF defensively as we expected and has 2 HR's in 5 games. Goodwin was hitting .244 BA in Triple A Charlotte. Are you kidding me...this is insanely stupid. Oh I get it, he cant hit in Triple A, but hey don't worry, Goodwin will improve and hit much higher at the ML level. We didn't need a CF brought up...we needed a 2B brought up. 

Engel just came back from injury and we dont know how hes feeling. Im ok with this. Im not OK with Goodwin batting second, fucking horrible lineup management is going to kill us if we make the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

The Sox are on pace to win 100 games.  Relax man and trust the plan.

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

Engel just came back from injury and we dont know how hes feeling. Im ok with this. Im not OK with Goodwin batting second, fucking horrible lineup management is going to kill us if we make the playoffs.

I agree Goodwin batting 2nd is a joke. However Engel looked good so far and he was starting to heat up going 3-7 the last 2 games with 2 HR's. It make no sense to rest him, unless he was injured and he isn't injured or hurting. If he was injured or hurting it would have been mentioned. 

I know he is coming off a bad hamstring injury, but the fact they took so long before bringing him back, means they made sure he was 100 percent healthy so they wouldn't have a setback.. Once Engel came back, he needed to play. My god, he only played 5 games. 

I was no fan of the Goodwin signing, but if you bring him up, you gotta give him a start to let him get into rhythm.  My problem is that TLR seems to feel there are only two guys who MUST be in the line up:Abreu and Leury.  I would have tried Lamb at third, Goodwin in left, and Adam in center.  Give Leury a day off every once in a while. Running back to the dugout that much looks exhausting.  

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Engel was never returning to play full time. He’s still not 100 pct and likely won’t be all season.

Where do you come up with these crazy assumptions? It has never been published anywhere by the Sox that Engel is playing under a 100 percent recovery.

Here is a quote from Engel's Twitter feed after the game he took away the home run. "As far as being on the field, I feel about as 100 percent as I can be," Engel said before the game. "I don’t think that my hamstring — from a strength standpoint — I’m not going to be maxing a leg curl in the next couple weeks. But I’m able to run full speed and do everything I need to do on a baseball field, so I’m excited to play."

Plus when did anyone say that Engel wouldn't being playing full time? What CF on this team is better than him or deserves more playing time?

Edited by "The Kids Can Play"
  • Thanks 2