Sox @ Tigers, 6/12 3:10 ct

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Engel was never returning to play full time. He’s still not 100 pct and likely won’t be all season.

Hmm I don't know he looks 100% to me. I mean if he isn't why bother? He runs hard all the time. He sprinted out of the box on the HR that scraped the top of the wall. and stayed alive in the pickle for a bit , robbed a HR and hit 2 HR's.

He's got a .750 slg. 1.100 OPS and a 200 OPS+  and .4 bWAR. That hammy's already been tested pretty much and passed with flying colors. That doesn't mean it can't happen again. Hammy's are notorious for being repeated injuries .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

Where do you come up with these crazy assumptions? It has never been published anywhere by the Sox that Engel is playing under a 100 percent recovery.

Here is a quote from Engel's Twitter feed after the game he took away the home run. "As far as being on the field, I feel about as 100 percent as I can be," Engel said before the game. "I don’t think that my hamstring — from a strength standpoint — I’m not going to be maxing a leg curl in the next couple weeks. But I’m able to run full speed and do everything I need to do on a baseball field, so I’m excited to play."

Plus when did anyone say that Engel wouldn't being playing full time? What CF on this team is better than him or deserves more playing time?

There’s been talk they would take it easy on him because as this article states, he will still have some pain but is unlikely to re-aggravate it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/white-sox/2021/5/28/22459330/white-sox-outfielder-adam-engel-in-a-pretty-good-spot-during-rehab-assignment

The two questions I have are:

1. When you’re down to six regular major league capable everyday starters (ops over .700, can adequately field a position for 9 innings) why you sit three of the six (sitting Vaughn, Moncada and Engel) at the same time instead of rotating the days off (Moncada one day, Vaughn the next, Engel the third), or at most two of the six off in a game.

2, Why Leury Garcia plays nearly every single game when he literally sucks against any pitcher with at least one arm (.608 ops vs. RHP, .501 vs. LHP), or more importantly why he EVER holds a bat in a close game late (55 PA, .384 ops & OPS + of 13 in innings 7-9).

Any small win expectation advantage he may have in the OF over the worst possible defender is overwhelmed by the decreased win advantage he has hitting, especially when there are runners on in a close game late.

Maybe Engel will take Goodwin's place, as soon as the RH pitcher exits and Hinch goes to his bullpen. LH hitters are batting .303 off Ureña. Good day to give Goodwin a start. It is odd that La Russa prefers Lamb in LF and Leury at 3RD. You would think that it would be the reverse. Oh well, I'm sure that Mr. HOF manager has a reason. 

Edited by Lillian

12 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Maybe Engel will take Goodwin's place, as soon as the RH pitcher exits and Hinch goes to his bullpen. LH hitters are batting .303 off Urena. Good day to give Goodwin a start. It is odd that La Russa prefers Lamb in LF and Leury at 3RD. You would think that it would be the reverse. Oh well, I'm sure that Mr. HOF manager has a reason. 

I was wondering about the defensive alignment myself. Despite those who question Leury's routes he is still 2 Outs Above Average which is pretty good with his speed in the OF and OF mistakes can cause a lot of runs to score with men on base so I do question why Lamb and Leury aren't switched. It could be because Lamb hasn't played any 3rd base this year yet but isn't Cease more of a flyball pitcher ? I'd rather have the speed in the OF.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s been talk they would take it easy on him because as this article states, he will still have some pain but is unlikely to re-aggravate it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/white-sox/2021/5/28/22459330/white-sox-outfielder-adam-engel-in-a-pretty-good-spot-during-rehab-assignment

That article was written only after his 3rd game at Charlotte. Of course the Sox medical staff was monitoring his progress, as they do with any rehab start for someone at triple A. However Engel played 4 more games in Charlotte without any setbacks and thus was deemed 100 percent ready to come back up. As that article stated, the medical staff told Engel he’s unlikely to reinjure himself even if he still experiences pain for a while. There shouldn’t be anything on the field he can’t do. 

This is nonsense Engel is being rested for a .244 hitter from Triple A, when in fact Engel is hot going 3-7 and 2 HR's in last two games. I also highly doubt Goodwin is a better CF defensively than Engel

• Thanks 1

Man everyone bitching about the lineup today. Remember we are in it to win the war not the battle of today. 

You have to take care of Engel coming off serious hamstring issues

Vaughn has never played over a 100 games in a season like he will this year

Yoyo needs a day or two. I would rest him tomorrow too. We have to keep him fresh and healthy.

At some point, probably tomorrow, I would like to see TA get a day

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This thread is fucking hilarious 

My feelings exactly. We need to chastise LaRussa for not contacting all of us to gain approval for his lineups before game time. Besides that maybe we should never have bench players because they will never be needed or ever play, if we were in charge. 

Goodwin will most likely be sent down when Hamilton returns, if ever and who goes down when Kopech returns? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

My feelings exactly. We need to chastise LaRussa for not contacting all of us to gain approval for his lineups before game time. Besides that maybe we should never have bench players because they will never be needed or ever play, if we were in charge. 

Goodwin will most likely be sent down when Hamilton returns, if ever and who goes down when Kopech returns? 

Are the people that chastise LaRussa often really much worse than your continuous blind optimism and approval of anything and everything the team does?

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Are the people that chastise LaRussa often really much worse than your continuous blind optimism and approval of anything and everything the team does?

I am a dedicated and life long fan of the Chisox and don’t apologize for that 

anyways the complainers are good for a laugh and heaven forbid anything I post would change that 

Edited by elrockinMT

32 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I am a dedicated and life long fan of the Chisox and don’t apologize for that 

anyways the complainers are good for a laugh and heaven forbid anything I post would change that 

How you like me now, elrockin?!!?  

GoodWIN

With that being said, I'd love Jose to give you the lead here :P

Edited by wegner