Sox @ Tigers, 6/12 3:10 ct

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Of course this happens after we strand those runners. Cease and DK will luckily be in the bullpen for the playoffs. 

I would never start Cease in playoffs, he would get smoked

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cease has 1.7 fwar, a 3.18 fip and 11+ ks per 9. You guys sure are a tough crowd.

or if you like traditional numbers, a 3.36 ERA coming into today. complaining about cease this year is just trying to find something to complain about

• Fire 1

Dylan Cease is actually my favorite pitcher to watch this year, but I feel like he more often that not has troublesome first innings and needs time to settle in. Anyone have numbers somewhere that backs that up? Or am I off base?

Edited by DirtySox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Cease has 1.7 fwar, a 3.18 fip and 11+ ks per 9. You guys sure are a tough crowd.

And how many Sox fans want him starting a game in the postseason?

This hand wringing is over a team he’s 7-0 against, and has never lost to during his lifetime.   What do  his numbers look like if you strip out all these DET games from his career?  It’s like Gleyber Torres vs. the Orioles, Carlos Lee against the Cubs or Sal Perez against the Sox, etc. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

This hand wringing is over a team he’s 7-0 against, and has never lost to during his lifetime.   Whatvdo his numbers look like if you strip out all these DET games from his career?  It’s like Gleyber Torres vs. the Orioles, Carlos Lee against the Cubs or Sal Perez against the Sox, etc. 

Sal Perez is good against just about everyone.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This hand wringing is over a team he’s 7-0 against, and has never lost to during his lifetime.   What do  his numbers look like if you strip out all these DET games from his career?  It’s like Gleyber Torres vs. the Orioles, Carlos Lee against the Cubs or Sal Perez against the Sox, etc. 

Uh, I would have no problem with him starting because he's been a damn good pitcher. I don't really care what some meatball fan thoughts are. 

Cease has given up more than 3 runs twice in 12 starts.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh, I would have no problem with him starting because he's been a damn good pitcher. I don't really care what some meatball fan thoughts are. 

If you're being honest, both Cease and Giolito walk too many guys and give up too many dingers. 

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Means nothing to me. I'm talking about post season. I'm not starting DK or Cease against the Rays, Bo Sox, or Astros. Maybe DK can start against the Yankees.