Sox @ Tigers, 6/13 12:10 ct

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

What a beautiful lineup! In before Garcia and Goodwin combine for 6 hits.

You have to take notice that TLR is resting guys against a team the Sox can handle without the best lineup. For one it's keep the subs fresh and playing more boosts confidence and unites a team. He's wants his guys fresh for the upcoming games against the Rays and Astro's. They may not be division games but you want your guys to play well against the best teams so they know in their hearts they are capable of beating those same teams in the playoffs.

Remember despite bravado it's a young team and they are playing teams that have been to the dance before multiple times. If they can beat them now without Eloy, La Pantera and Madrigal imagine how pumped they will be once they come back and with a few TDL acquisitions that will tell them that management also cares about winning it all this year.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You have to take notice that TLR is resting guys against a team the Sox can handle without the best lineup. For one it's keep the subs fresh and playing more boosts confidence and unites a team. He's wants his guys fresh for the upcoming games against the Rays and Astro's. They may not be division games but you want your guys to play well against the best teams so they know in their hearts they are capable of beating those same teams in the playoffs.

Remember despite bravado it's a young team and they are playing teams that have been to the dance before multiple times. If they can beat them now without Eloy, La Pantera and Madrigal imagine how pumped they will be once they come back and with a few TDL acquisitions that will tell them that management also cares about winning it all this year.

So I'm assuming once this DET series is over that Leury will be seeing some bench time this week? I'm filing that one away.

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

What a beautiful lineup! In before Garcia and Goodwin combine for 6 hits.

That's the spirit . The Sox beat them into submission yesterday. Now show Rodon  you can actually score some runs for the guy ! This is team Chemistry class from Professor LaRussa. Keep the team fresh for TB and Stro's.

4 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

So I'm assuming once this DET series is over that Leury will be seeing some bench time this week? I'm filing that one away.

Leury is a super sub and the Sox are missing 3 guys from positions he can play. He's literally doing exactly what he is getting paid for. It's possible he plays less next week but there is still a hole at those 3 positions . Now that Engel and Goodwin are here there's going to be a lot of mixing and matching in the OF and I have no idea when Hamilton is coming back. Leury could split time at 2nd base with Mendick .

I'm not thrilled he's batting leadoff but as we have discovered this is a good team because of our starting pitching  and some team speed and decent defense all combining together with  an opportunistic offense. Try to think of Leury as a good luck charm if it helps.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Leury is a super sub and the Sox are missing 3 guys from positions he can play. He's literally doing exactly what he is getting paid for. It's possible he plays less next week but there is still a hole at those 3 positions . Now that Engel and Goodwin are here there's going to be a lot of mixing and matching in the OF and I have no idea when Hamilton is coming back. Leury could split time at 2nd base with Mendick .

I'm not thrilled he's batting leadoff but as we have discovered this is a good team because of our starting pitching  and some team speed and decent defense all combining together with  an opportunistic offense. Try to think of Leury as a good luck charm if it helps.

I'm with you, honestly. It's just that he is a Sunday lineup guy that I would always bear thru watching on Sundays knowing I have the rest of the week to look forward to. Now it's a groundhog day Sunday lineup with no end. The guy never gets hot for more than a game yet somehow never really slumps either, and somehow does juuuuussssst well enough to secure his spot in the lineup week after week.

But yeah, without him this year this team would not be where it's at and other teams drool to have someone like him in a super sub role. Its just cogitive dissonence for me.

Just now, SpringfieldFan said:

I'm with you, honestly. It's just that he is a Sunday lineup guy that I would always bear thru watching on Sundays knowing I have the rest of the week to look forward to. Now it's a groundhog day Sunday lineup with no end. The guy never gets hot for more than a game yet somehow never really slumps either, and somehow does juuuuussssst well enough to secure his spot in the lineup week after week.

But yeah, without him this year this team would not be where it's at and other teams drool to have someone like him in a super sub role. Its just cogitive dissonence for me.

yea it's been just miserable watching this club this year.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic