Sox @ Tigers, 6/13 12:10 ct

6 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

The bullpen who has the fewest walks in ALL of baseball and the 2nd highest K rate in the AL?

Have they struggled at times? Of course, but also has been some incredibly bad luck.

Yes, the old luck excuse.  Greg would love to hear that one analyzed by the sabes people, lol.  As soon as Bummer and Heuer start making their own luck, things will suddenly look a lot better.

Wonder how much more the asking price is on Starling Marte compared to Nelson Cruz...

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, Nick_Schwam said:

The rest of the MLB must have some really shitty pens then

It could just be Bummer that's making me think this. Because he's one of the only guys in the bullpen who walks a decent amount of guys and he's blown numerous games in the 8th. Heuer, Marshall, and Foster all have had some control issues but those haven't necessarily ended up in walks.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Yes, the old luck excuse.  Greg would love to hear that one analyzed by the sabes people, lol.  As soon as Bummer and Heuer start making their own luck, things will suddenly look a lot better.

Who tf is Greg and why would his opinion matter? 

You always have some “sky is gonna eventually fall” take. Clown.

2 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Who tf is Greg and why would his opinion matter? 

You always have some “sky is gonna eventually fall” take. Clown.

I’m going to guess you’re under 30 years old, right?  35?  Those who have been Sox fans since the 70’s and 80’s never allow themselves to become too overconfident like Millennials.

I mean...it’s not like we don’t have a century’s plus worth of sky is falling in the history of the franchise.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

It could just be Bummer that's making me think this. Because he's one of the only guys in the bullpen who walks a decent amount of guys and he's blown numerous games in the 8th. Heuer, Marshall, and Foster all have had some control issues but those haven't necessarily ended up in walks.

Heuer K/Walk rate is actually impressive.

A lot of it came early in the season. I love what I’m seeing from the pen lately. Bummer has disgusting stuff. He will be fine.

Marshall has been pitching well and Heuer getting that confidence back will be huge.

2 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Solid post.

and you are over 60 right?

Almost 100.

Love how Sox fans come out of the woodwork when we beat up Detroit.

Let’s hope you are around for every single game thread the next week, and posting so optimistically when we actually face some real competition.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost 100.

Love how Sox fans come out of the woodwork when we beat up Detroit.

Let’s hope you are around for every single game thread the next week, and posting so optimistically when we actually face some real competition.

Hahahaha another solid post.

Isn't Tatis playing or maybe Kelenic? Should probably be watching them “Sox Fan”

Feel like you get the most kicks out of this site when the Sox struggle so you can say seeeeeee. “Dr Gloom”

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I’m going to guess you’re under 30 years old, right?  35?  Those who have been Sox fans since the 70’s and 80’s never allow themselves to become too overconfident like Millennials.

I mean...it’s not like we don’t have a century’s plus worth of sky is falling in the history of the franchise.

Luckily, you‘ll always have the Padres, Royals, wherever in Mexico Puig is playing to fall back on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Luckily, you‘ll always have the Padres, Royals, wherever in Mexico Puig is playing to fall back on.

Sure, because my satellite package currently includes Aguila de Veracruz games.

https://calltothepen.com/2021/05/30/los-angeles-dodgers-yasiel-puig-old-tricks-mexican-league/

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=puig--000yas

721 ops, only 2 homers in under 100 at bats.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

He knew Vaughn would miss it...thus forcing him to take Rodon out of the game, thus saving his arm/shoulder for the second half and postseason.   Would have taken too much heat if he pulled him with no hitter still in front of him.

Tony is an AI bot from Alpha Cen which you guys are about a trillion light years from figuring out geez. 

49 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Hahahaha another solid post.

Isn't Tatis playing or maybe Kelenic? Should probably be watching them “Sox Fan”

Feel like you get the most kicks out of this site when the Sox struggle so you can say seeeeeee. “Dr Gloom”

The Rays are not expecting to lose. I hope our scouts have some good Intel. 

9 minutes ago, pcq said:

The Rays are not expecting to lose. I hope our scouts have some good Intel. 

McClanahan seems like he will either throw a no hitter or get knocked out early...nasty stuff at times.

Then, of course, you’ve got Glasnow.  And Rich Hill/Dick Mountain is giving every team in baseball fits.   Yarborough is solid as well.

19 minutes ago, pcq said:

Fair to say the eyes of MLB will be tuned into the Southside around 1900 hours tomorrow. 

Unfortunately, the network big wigs don't agree. According to my listings the eyes of MLB will be on Mets/Cubs, LAD/Phil and Seattle/Minnesota.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic