White Sox sweep the Tigers

Bazox

Awesome sweep and an unbelievable performance by Los once again.

Im excited for this upcoming week! 

Also the bullpen takes a lot of heat, but they have allowed the fewest walks in the majors and have the second highest k rate in the AL.

They are building momentum! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Also the bullpen takes a lot of heat, but they have allowed the fewest walks in the majors and have the second highest k rate in the AL.

And they're 5th in blown saves, which is why they catch a lot of flack.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Great series....kind of glad ump blew the call.

Bullpen seems to be getting in a groove.

Biggest thing for me to feel comfortable in our bullpen again is getting Bummer back on track. 

2 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Biggest thing for me to feel comfortable in our bullpen again is getting Bummer back on track. 

As long as we have someone dependable to get the ball to Hendriks the bullpen will be ok. Bummer just needs to throw strikes. Most guys go up there taking cause they can't hit his sinker most of the time anyways. That pitch moves so much even he doesn't know where it's gonna end up.

Love this graph. 

Based on this graph, the White Sox, Dodgers and Astro's are really top notch. Padres/Giants are close too. 

It always amazes me with how poor some of our offensive contributors/names are, we are a pretty solid offensive team. 

• Like 1

Nex week is going to be tough. I imagine this place is going to be all sorts of upset when the Sox don't sweep the Rays and Astros. 

Just collect as many W's as possible, get ready for October. 

Pirates, Mariners, Twins, Tigers, Twins, Orioles then the All-Star Break......GET FAT against those scrubs, build a big lead in the AL Central, add a key piece and get healthy for the playoffs. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Man I haven't been able to watch much the past 3 or 4 games but I would love to continue starting the game thread. My cousin has free tickets from his company for tomorrow so I will be getting to my first game of the season!

You should start it now!!!

I'm sure people have many opinions about how we stack up against the Rays... might as well start early.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Nex week is going to be tough. I imagine this place is going to be all sorts of upset when the Sox don't sweep the Rays and Astros. 

Just collect as many W's as possible, get ready for October. 

Pirates, Mariners, Twins, Tigers, Twins, Orioles then the All-Star Break......GET FAT against those scrubs, build a big lead in the AL Central, add a key piece and get healthy for the playoffs. 

Yup, we can’t afford to get overly cocky because we are beating up a garbage Tigers team.  Kudos for getting the job done though and credit to La Russa for managing to give his core guys some rest.  Beating up on a weak AL Central is critical with so many injuries, but now comes the real test.  I think the cracks in the offense will a show a bit more against the better AL teams, but hopefully our rotation will give us a chance to win most games.

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

You should start it now!!!

I'm sure people have many opinions about how we stack up against the Rays... might as well start early.

Glasnow vs. Lynn, battle of Top Five Cy Young candidates, Keuchel vs. McClanahan (tortoise and the hare, complete contrast in styles), TBD vs. Lucas Giolito.  

Then Rodon/Cease (possibly Kopech?) against Astros.