White Sox sweep the Tigers

Bazox

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

Nex week is going to be tough. I imagine this place is going to be all sorts of upset when the Sox don't sweep the Rays and Astros. 

Just collect as many W's as possible, get ready for October. 

Pirates, Mariners, Twins, Tigers, Twins, Orioles then the All-Star Break......GET FAT against those scrubs, build a big lead in the AL Central, add a key piece and get healthy for the playoffs. 

I would be fine with 3-4, honestly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Glasnow vs. Lynn, battle of Top Five Cy Young candidates, Keuchel vs. McClanahan (tortoise and the hare, complete contrast in styles), TBD vs. Lucas Giolito.  

Then Rodon/Cease (possibly Kopech?) against Astros.

Now that sounds like some fun baseball to watch...can't wait.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I would be fine with 3-4, honestly. 

3-4 would be absolutely acceptable. With so many guys out injured, this team is not at the same level as Tampa and Houston. Yes, the record and the run differential are on par, but the AL Central is a much softer division. At full strength, which the Sox will hopefully be in September/October, the Sox are as good as or better than those teams. The rotation is capable of beating any team, but there will be much less margin for error against TB and HOU.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wegner said:

You should start it now!!!

I'm sure people have many opinions about how we stack up against the Rays... might as well start early.

Is it too soon or should we leave today's thread up for a little bit for those to discuss the win? I'd definitely rather talk about a big matchup against the Rays myself.

13 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Is it too soon or should we leave today's thread up for a little bit for those to discuss the win? I'd definitely rather talk about a big matchup against the Rays myself.

You're the boss here, but I concur you should start it and say what you want to say about the Rays.

23 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Big home series starts tomorrow, I say go for it.   Can still discuss today in the winner thread. 

27 minutes ago, Quin said:

How dare you criticize Tony La Russa's decision to put Vaughn in the game for Goodwin.

I missed most of the game...was the 1 hit a fairly catchable ball or are we talking a play that could've been made by a healthy Robert?

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Is it roasted, or toasted?  Regardless, not sure that was worth a legit like.

“Burned!” is what used to be the cool thing to say.  

“Not!”

but said only in a SBC/Borat voiceover.

You gave me that like? You've been too generous with those lately caulfield! Have a like, on me 👍

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Undoubtedly a healthy Hamilton...but another Rodon no hitter would have meant an extra 25-30 pitches at 97-99 mph.

Except for the fact Hamilton would never be in LF. Engel, who should also not be playing LF (should be CF or RF when in the game) is the only person on the active roster who could have caught that ball from where Vaughn was positioned.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/video/rodon-s-no-hit-bid-ends-in-7th?t=t145-default-vtp

42 minutes ago, wegner said:

I missed most of the game...was the 1 hit a fairly catchable ball or are we talking a play that could've been made by a healthy Robert?

Slicing towards the LF corner, AV did his best but it was a tough play.  A faster LF might have gotten there but it wasn’t like AV misread the play.  And as others have said it took a tough decision on how long to stay with Rodon off the table. 

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, black jack said:

Start it.

13 hours ago, wegner said:

You're the boss here, but I concur you should start it and say what you want to say about the Rays.

13 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Big home series starts tomorrow, I say go for it.   Can still discuss today in the winner thread. 

Sorry guys. Ended up being busy after I posted that comment. Thread is up now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Sorry guys. Ended up being busy after I posted that comment. Thread is up now.

No Problem at all.  You are the boss and on a roll.  I think you said you are going to the game tonight...have a great time!!!

• Like 1