Rays @ Sox, 6/14 7:10 ct

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Does it really throw the other guys off that much to get shifted to another spot in the order last minute?

I understand and agree many would consider other changes with the late scratch.

Based on Tony’s prior comments regarding presenting the players their place and position in the lineup well before the game, and also regarding showing players respect, I could see those two factors overriding any strategic concerns of batting one of your worst hitters third. Just stating Tony’s probable thought process.

I pledged on Saturday not to call out Tony’s lineup for the remainder of the season, and I will hold that pledge. I’m glad it’s only a cold / congestion and nothing serious for Yoan.

download-2.png

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox win it all.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox win it all. 

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs. 

I could definitely see the dorf letting TLR walk away, of his own volition, but I could also see the dorf trying to convince TLR to stay another season.

Really, the only thing I cannot see is anyone in power looking at things like Leury Garcia batting 3rd against the team with the best record in the league as one of many mistakes and stopping TLR from coming back in 2022 because of it.  

No matter what happens, there are no actual baseball reasons for anything.  Either TLR will want to come back or he won't, and the dorf will either let him walk or convince him to stay if TLR doesn't want to come back.  But actual baseball matters will not be a factor in any of the decision making.

All there is to do is hope the Sox win it all and hope TLR decides to walk away and remains firm in his decision.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I understand and agree many would consider other changes with the late scratch.

Based on Tony’s prior comments regarding presenting the players their place and position in the lineup well before the game, and also regarding showing players respect, I could see those two factors overriding any strategic concerns of batting one of your worst hitters third. Just stating Tony’s probable thought process.

I pledged on Saturday not to call out Tony’s lineup for the remainder of the season, and I will hold that pledge. I’m glad it’s only a cold / congestion and nothing serious for Yoan.

download-2.png

All of the bench players who have performed well recently are all in the Major Leagues for a reason.  They are all also not normal starting players for a reason, and mostly were recently in the minors for a reason, and were refused guaranteed MLB contracts for a reason.

There's really no good reason for Leury Garcia batting 3rd which supercedes all the other reasons to bat him at the bottom of the order.

I am not going to b**** about the lineup because the last two lineups everyone was falling over themselves saying Tony was nuts and the games we’re over before it started , only to have it work out. I do have a question to the group kind of related. Does the bench coach do anything? I mean does he make a suggestion , maybe talk things over with Tony, bench coaches used to be strong and sitting right next to the manager providing input. I think ours is cairo, you just never hear he is even there. 

Edited by quickman
Spelling

18 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox win it all.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox win it all. 

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs. 

I could definitely see the dorf letting TLR walk away, of his own volition, but I could also see the dorf trying to convince TLR to stay another season.

Really, the only thing I cannot see is anyone in power looking at things like Leury Garcia batting 3rd against the team with the best record in the league as one of many mistakes and stopping TLR from coming back in 2022 because of it.  

No matter what happens, there are no actual baseball reasons for anything.  Either TLR will want to come back or he won't, and the dorf will either let him walk or convince him to stay if TLR doesn't want to come back.  But actual baseball matters will not be a factor in any of the decision making.

All there is to do is hope the Sox win it all and hope TLR decides to walk away and remains firm in his decision.

That is a whole lot of words to say that anything could happen after this year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

All of the bench players who have performed well recently are all in the Major Leagues for a reason.  They are all also not normal starting players for a reason, and mostly were recently in the minors for a reason, and were refused guaranteed MLB contracts for a reason.

There's really no good reason for Leury Garcia batting 3rd which supercedes all the other reasons to bat him at the bottom of the order.

I have no argument, just stating what I believe are Tony’s reasons. 

Even if it’s Game 163 to determine a playoff slot, and the lineup with everyone healthy is as follows, since it’s counted as a regular season game, mum is the word.

SP R. Lopez

1. CF Y. Mercedes
  2. 2B B. Goodwin
  3. DH B. Hamilton
  4. 3B L. Garcia
  5. SS D. Mendick
  6. RF Y. Grandal
  7. LF Z. Collins
  8. C T. Anderson
  9. 1B J. Lamb

😁

I get that Yoan is sick and I can pretend to understand that you want to keep the rest of the lineup intact, but I can’t understand why Lamb isn’t playing instead of Leury

edit. Saw the new lineup, still don’t get why Lamb isn’t at 3B

Edited by GermanSoxFan

1 minute ago, shago said:

White Sox vs Rays in a battle for first place, with a head-to-head of two of the top pitchers in the AL, what's on ESPN? Cubs at Mets ... obviously 

Cubs and Mets are both first place teams. It's not like they picked Phillies-Dodgers.

5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Cubs and Mets are both first place teams. It's not like they picked Phillies-Dodgers.

Umm, the Cubs are not. Nor are either the leader in the NL.  The Rays and Sox have the top two records in baseball with their top pitchers going. 

18 minutes ago, shago said:

White Sox vs Rays in a battle for first place, with a head-to-head of two of the top pitchers in the AL, what's on ESPN? Cubs at Mets ... obviously 

Two teams from the #1 and #3 media markets, or two teams from the #3 and #whoeverthefuckwatchestherays media markets. I wonder what the national broadcaster would chose.