Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Sacamano

Rays @ Sox, 6/14 7:10 ct

Recommended Posts

yeah, it's ridiculous.  but let's just hope Lynn does his thing and it wouldn't even matter if Brent Lillibridge batted third.  At least Leury has been pretty good the last month so there's that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

TLR talked to media, has nobody asked him why Garcia is in the 3 hole?

If Fegan don’t ask then there is no chance any of the others do. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Does it really throw the other guys off that much to get shifted to another spot in the order last minute?

I understand and agree many would consider other changes with the late scratch.

Based on Tony’s prior comments regarding presenting the players their place and position in the lineup well before the game, and also regarding showing players respect, I could see those two factors overriding any strategic concerns of batting one of your worst hitters third. Just stating Tony’s probable thought process.

I pledged on Saturday not to call out Tony’s lineup for the remainder of the season, and I will hold that pledge. I’m glad it’s only a cold / congestion and nothing serious for Yoan.

download-2.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox win it all.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox win it all. 

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs. 

I could definitely see the dorf letting TLR walk away, of his own volition, but I could also see the dorf trying to convince TLR to stay another season.

Really, the only thing I cannot see is anyone in power looking at things like Leury Garcia batting 3rd against the team with the best record in the league as one of many mistakes and stopping TLR from coming back in 2022 because of it.  

No matter what happens, there are no actual baseball reasons for anything.  Either TLR will want to come back or he won't, and the dorf will either let him walk or convince him to stay if TLR doesn't want to come back.  But actual baseball matters will not be a factor in any of the decision making.

All there is to do is hope the Sox win it all and hope TLR decides to walk away and remains firm in his decision.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I understand and agree many would consider other changes with the late scratch.

Based on Tony’s prior comments regarding presenting the players their place and position in the lineup well before the game, and also regarding showing players respect, I could see those two factors overriding any strategic concerns of batting one of your worst hitters third. Just stating Tony’s probable thought process.

I pledged on Saturday not to call out Tony’s lineup for the remainder of the season, and I will hold that pledge. I’m glad it’s only a cold / congestion and nothing serious for Yoan.

download-2.png

 

All of the bench players who have performed well recently are all in the Major Leagues for a reason.  They are all also not normal starting players for a reason, and mostly were recently in the minors for a reason, and were refused guaranteed MLB contracts for a reason.

There's really no good reason for Leury Garcia batting 3rd which supercedes all the other reasons to bat him at the bottom of the order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not going to b**** about the lineup because the last two lineups everyone was falling over themselves saying Tony was nuts and the games we’re over before it started , only to have it work out. I do have a question to the group kind of related. Does the bench coach do anything? I mean does he make a suggestion , maybe talk things over with Tony, bench coaches used to be strong and sitting right next to the manager providing input. I think ours is cairo, you just never hear he is even there. 

Edited by quickman
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox win it all.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox win it all. 

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox make the playoffs but lose in the playoffs.

I could see TLR walking away again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs.  I could also see TLR coming back again if the Sox fail to make the playoffs. 

I could definitely see the dorf letting TLR walk away, of his own volition, but I could also see the dorf trying to convince TLR to stay another season.

Really, the only thing I cannot see is anyone in power looking at things like Leury Garcia batting 3rd against the team with the best record in the league as one of many mistakes and stopping TLR from coming back in 2022 because of it.  

No matter what happens, there are no actual baseball reasons for anything.  Either TLR will want to come back or he won't, and the dorf will either let him walk or convince him to stay if TLR doesn't want to come back.  But actual baseball matters will not be a factor in any of the decision making.

All there is to do is hope the Sox win it all and hope TLR decides to walk away and remains firm in his decision.

That is a whole lot of words to say that anything could happen after this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smalls2598 said:

Yea, this one is....interesting.

 

Garcia has to be slotted 3rd because if you move Abreu/Mercedes up, 9 thru 3 (and 4 thru 1) spell “MAGA” - an acronym Tony is trying to distance himself from. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

All of the bench players who have performed well recently are all in the Major Leagues for a reason.  They are all also not normal starting players for a reason, and mostly were recently in the minors for a reason, and were refused guaranteed MLB contracts for a reason.

There's really no good reason for Leury Garcia batting 3rd which supercedes all the other reasons to bat him at the bottom of the order.

I have no argument, just stating what I believe are Tony’s reasons. 

Even if it’s Game 163 to determine a playoff slot, and the lineup with everyone healthy is as follows, since it’s counted as a regular season game, mum is the word.

SP R. Lopez

  1. CF Y. Mercedes
  2. 2B B. Goodwin
  3. DH B. Hamilton
  4. 3B L. Garcia
  5. SS D. Mendick
  6. RF Y. Grandal
  7. LF Z. Collins
  8. C T. Anderson
  9. 1B J. Lamb

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been proven that beards lower your ERA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White Sox vs Rays in a battle for first place, with a head-to-head of two of the top pitchers in the AL, what's on ESPN? Cubs at Mets ... obviously 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that Yoan is sick and I can pretend to understand that you want to keep the rest of the lineup intact, but I can’t understand why Lamb isn’t playing instead of Leury

 

edit. Saw the new lineup, still don’t get why Lamb isn’t at 3B

Edited by GermanSoxFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s much more passable. Hahn must have blown his phone up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shago said:

White Sox vs Rays in a battle for first place, with a head-to-head of two of the top pitchers in the AL, what's on ESPN? Cubs at Mets ... obviously 

Cubs and Mets are both first place teams. It's not like they picked Phillies-Dodgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Balanced lineup. pitching and defense, great talent evaluation.

I mean, I obviously know that. The point remains tho. It’s incredible .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Cubs and Mets are both first place teams. It's not like they picked Phillies-Dodgers.

Umm, the Cubs are not. Nor are either the leader in the NL.  The Rays and Sox have the top two records in baseball with their top pitchers going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shago said:

Umm, the Cubs are not. Nor are either the leader in the NL.  The Rays and Sox have the top two records in baseball with their top pitchers going. 

Tied for first is first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shago said:

White Sox vs Rays in a battle for first place, with a head-to-head of two of the top pitchers in the AL, what's on ESPN? Cubs at Mets ... obviously 

Two teams from the #1 and #3 media markets, or two teams from the #3 and #whoeverthefuckwatchestherays media markets. I wonder what the national broadcaster would chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcq said:

 A real bitchfest tonight. 

It’s 2021. That’s what people do. Joy and happiness not allowed 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The national broadcasters all suck I'd rather watch the sox broadcast any night of teh week anyway.  Who care

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top secret Eloy is wearing Leury's uni and batting third tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I could go this week. Have fun to whomever goes, what a beautiful night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×