ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It means he will start playing baseball again to a degree. Not with us. Will probably be back for Field of Dreams. 

I imagine seeing cornstalks parted by a red glove and emerging from the cornfield is Eloy with a bat in his hand and a big smile on his face.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hahn was pretty optimistic about his getting back to the 2nd phase of his recovery where he will actually be resuming baseball activity.  Even when he does that, he has a decent amount of time before he will put on a Sox jersey.  He has workouts to go through and then an extended rehab is also going to be in order.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

Eloy, Robert, and Madrigal back on September 1st would be sweet. Right now, they really don’t need them to win this division. Get healthy, and don’t come back until you’re 100%. 

I don’t think Madrigal will be back this year but getting Eloy and Robert back eventually will be a huge boost.

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

I imagine seeing cornstalks parted by a red glove and emerging from the cornfield is Eloy with a bat in his hand and a big smile on his face.

...followed by Eloy's left hamstring impailed on one of said cornstalks in left field approximately 25 minutes later.

17 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

...followed by Eloy's left hamstring impailed on one of said cornstalks in left field approximately 25 minutes later.

I said Field of Dreams, not Children of the Corn damnit!!

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hahn was pretty optimistic about his getting back to the 2nd phase of his recovery where he will actually be resuming baseball activity.  Even when he does that, he has a decent amount of time before he will put on a Sox jersey.  He has workouts to go through and then an extended rehab is also going to be in order.

he had surgery in what, middle of march?  so he's now 3 months out of surgery and is probably resuming some baseball activities.  He still has a long way to go as you noted.  He needs at least 60 days to ramp up and build strength and ROM.  I stilll think early Sep is the plan.  Get him 20 games at the MLB level, 10 or so in AAA and hopefully he's in some sort of a good spot for the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he had surgery in what, middle of march?  so he's now 3 months out of surgery and is probably resuming some baseball activities.  He still has a long way to go as you noted.  He needs at least 60 days to ramp up and build strength and ROM.  I stilll think early Sep is the plan.  Get him 20 games at the MLB level, 10 or so in AAA and hopefully he's in some sort of a good spot for the playoffs.

Wouldn't even have to remove someone from the active roster as rosters would expand to 28 in September. 

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY (cleared to resume baseball activities, at least 4wks from rehab assignment)
3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I’m thinking they’re being conservative. He’ll be back beginning of august at latest. Build that divisional lead boys and get healthy

I'd hope so considering how many "set backs" they've had.

9 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Oh shit. Back by August hopefully? 

4 weeks from now (minimum) would put him right at the All-star break. Give him 2 weeks in Charlotte, that could have him back in Chicago for that Indians series at the end of July. End of July seems like best case scenario, so even Mid-August seems very likely. If it's any longer than that, there was a setback.

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC