ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

I was always asking for trades but as the Sox made it so far should they maybe just do nothing and let Robert and eloy be their deadline acquisitions? 

I know it is about another month but even if the injuries finally show and the Sox go 10 wins and 15 losses the next 30 days (. 400 pace) that still would at the worst put them 1 or 2 behind the Indians (if Cleveland plays. 600 ball) and then you have another two months (assuming  they are back in early August) with eloy and Robert to destroy that weak division. 

Obviously for that to work you have to expect them being both healthy and productive right away. 

Edited by Dominikk85
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I was always asking for trades but as the Sox made it so far should they maybe just do nothing and let Robert and eloy be their deadline acquisitions? 

I know it is about another month but even if the injuries finally show and the Sox go 10 wins and 15 losses the next 30 days (. 400 pace) that still would at the worst put them 1 or 2 behind the Indians (if Cleveland plays. 600 ball) and then you have another two months (assuming  they are back in early August) with eloy and Robert to destroy that weak division. 

Obviously for that to work you have to expect them being both healthy and productive right away. 

…and you have to for some reason expect that nothing else will go wrong and no one else will get hurt in August and September.

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

…and you have to for some reason expect that nothing else will go wrong and no one else will get hurt in August and September.

Yeah. If course the indians can get more injuries too and not play as well but there could be another key injury or re-injury. 

Still probably a minor addition would make sense if the price is right. 

37 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

With Engel looking good and these two guys returning we will have an abundance of offensive people we want to play.  Try to find a short-term 2nd base upgrade and some BP help does it for me.  I wouldn't mind an upgrade at catcher but I was pleased to see the way Zebby handled the position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah. If course the indians can get more injuries too and not play as well but there could be another key injury or re-injury. 

Still probably a minor addition would make sense if the price is right. 

Don’t only think about Cleveland. Think about that first round matchup against either Boston or Houston, where the White Sox go in as underdogs and the other team has home field advantage, as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Rehab assignment can only last for 20 days, so yeah.

I was thinking ASB probably delays him a bit otherwise I’d guess he’d be here to start the Brewers series

11 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

What a boost for the offense coming.  Get Robert and Grandal back in August and this lineup is scary as hell.  Then imagine adding Gallo or Bryant or even Frazier (not Todd).

Pray for the league.

Ian Kennedy and Gallo works, but it’s going to take at least Crochet and Sheets/Burger…Burger has more value because he can play third IMO.

The extra year of control for Gallo and his last two months of production raises the price substantially.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ian Kennedy and Gallo works, but it’s going to take at least Crochet and Sheets/Burger…Burger has more value because he can play third IMO.

The extra year of control for Gallo and his last two months of production raises the price substantially.

We just need a second baseman and relief arm for sure. Maybe a low end catcher to get us by. Goodwin, Sheets, Engel and Hamilton can get us through July and the first two weeks of August until Robert returns. Then Engel and Goodwin/Sheets can platoon i. Right. I'm not giving up our top prospects for an outfielder at this point. 

They are eight games up in the division looking at maybe four weeks ahead where they need to tread water until they are back to near full strength.  Yes, its rolling the dice a bit but I don't think they need an acquisition to get into the playoffs.  The only good it would do would be to secure a better first round matchup and I don't know that the price of the acquisition would be worth that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We just need a second baseman and relief arm for sure. Maybe a low end catcher to get us by. Goodwin, Sheets, Engel and Hamilton can get us through July and the first two weeks of August until Robert returns. Then Engel and Goodwin/Sheets can platoon i. Right. I'm not giving up our top prospects for an outfielder at this point. 

This

If the right deal can be made for a lefty masher...it doesn't matter if they are a 2B or an outfielder...you make that move. Eloy or Robert can definitely have a setback, and not one of the prospects is a sure fire thing. LOVE that Eloy is ahead of schedule, but this team still needs help....especially because Grandal being out for longer than 5 weeks is surely possible. 

• Like 3

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC