ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

12 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

If the right deal can be made for a lefty masher...it doesn't matter if they are a 2B or an outfielder...you make that move. Eloy or Robert can definitely have a setback, and not one of the prospects is a sure fire thing. LOVE that Eloy is ahead of schedule, but this team still needs help....especially because Grandal being out for longer than 5 weeks is surely possible. 

Yup, completely agree.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

The Sox do not need to add another outfielder. They need to go after a 2nd baseman and another bullpen arm. 

Yes. This is bad news. The Sox don't need Eloy because they have Brian Goodwin and Billy Hamilton

• Haha 3

On 6/14/2021 at 2:33 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

he had surgery in what, middle of march?  so he's now 3 months out of surgery and is probably resuming some baseball activities.  He still has a long way to go as you noted.  He needs at least 60 days to ramp up and build strength and ROM.  I stilll think early Sep is the plan.  Get him 20 games at the MLB level, 10 or so in AAA and hopefully he's in some sort of a good spot for the playoffs.

You are way off. Early Sept is not the plan according to Hahn and the White Sox. It was published on June 14, that Eloy was cleared by the White Sox medical staff to begin participation in baseball activities at the Arizona spring training facility for one month. After that period, the team would reevaluate his progress and then assign him to a rehab stint in the minors. By even a cautious and conservative timeline, that does not compute to early Sept. It's more like early Aug than early Sept.

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You are way off. Early Sept is not the plan according to Hahn and the White Sox. It was published on June 14, that Eloy was cleared by the White Sox medical staff to begin participation in baseball activities at the Arizona spring training facility for one month. After that period, the team would reevaluate his progress and then assign him to a rehab stint in the minors. By even a cautious and conservative timeline, that does not compute to early Sept. It's more like early Aug than early Sept.

Bold to post that reply this morning!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Agree.  And other than taking time to evaluate how Eloy feels after playing a day or two...what is the difference (other than talent level of opposition) between playing in the Bigs or the minors?  So if he is ready to play in the minors...it will be a short stint and if he is healthy he will be up soon!  I would guess in 2 weeks!

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A little too early to bank on Sheets being the answer IMO.

Agreed, I wouldn't want them standing pat and going into October with that as their plan but we'll see how the deadline shakes out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’d made it an Engel/ Sheets combo, but give the most opportunities to Sheets, the dude looks like the real deal

He’s looked good so far, but let’s wait and see how the league adjusts to him in the coming weeks.  I’d hate to see him fall the way of Yermin and suddenly we have a massive hole in RF come October.  Personally, if Eloy is going to primarily DH, then I think it’s very risky to bank of two rookies in the corners.  I’d add a legit RF and then let Sheets serve as insurance at multiple spots including LF.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s looked good so far, but let’s wait and see how the league adjusts to him in the coming weeks.  I’d hate to see him fall the way of Yermin and suddenly we have a massive hole in RF come October.  Personally, if Eloy is going to primarily DH, then I think it’s very risky to bank of two rookies in the corners.  I’d add a legit RF and then let Sheets serve as insurance at multiple spots including LF.

Agreed. Grab Starling Marte and then you can platoon Sheets and Engel in one spot.

edit: forgot about Vaughn but I think my comment still stands.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Shields is likely about -10 runs in RF, he looks like Palka out there.  There is still imo a need for a OF although Goodwin is doing his best to fill in the hole.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A little too early to bank on Sheets being the answer IMO.

100%. Sheets and another piece can be used to get a difference maker. I like sheets, but with Cespedes and Colas in the pipeline, he isn't the long term answer and he will get exposed come playoff time. 

A playoff Lineup of LF Vaughn with Engel 7th inning on, CF of Robert and RF of Acquisition with Engel getting some play here is just big boy pants. Sheets, Goodwin and Hamilton are nice stories...but them vs every ace in October is not going to end well. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Shields is likely about -10 runs in RF, he looks like Palka out there.  There is still imo a need for a OF although Goodwin is doing his best to fill in the hole.

Goodwin has been great so far, but no way does he keep this up.  We should still be targeting a RF upgrade and ensuring we have some depth in case more hamstrings & knees blow up.

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC