ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

100%. Sheets and another piece can be used to get a difference maker. I like sheets, but with Cespedes and Colas in the pipeline, he isn't the long term answer and he will get exposed come playoff time. 

A playoff Lineup of LF Vaughn with Engel 7th inning on, CF of Robert and RF of Acquisition with Engel getting some play here is just big boy pants. Goodwin and Hamilton are nice stories...but them vs every ace in October is not going to end well. 

Fully agree.  I do like Sheets but selling high on him now would likely be the prudent thing to do.  I still think a Gallo or Marte for RF is a must.

38 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This, not to mention Eloy will be primarily a DH when he returns, since he can't field a baseball or stay healthy.

I hope so.  We don't need him blowing a hamstring or tearing his tit again going after a baseball.  Let him hit the shit out of baseballs and drive in runs...and smile for the camera.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree.  I do like Sheets but selling high on him now would likely be the prudent thing to do.  I still think a Gallo or Marte for RF is a must.

Gallo is the play for sure. Will give left handed power. Is a hell of a fielder. Can round robin with Eloy and Vaughn for DH in the playoffs and if Cespedes or Colas are ready in 2023 you thank him for the ring and move on. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A little too early to bank on Sheets being the answer IMO.

Twins threw him a lot of pitches outside and he really didn't have much to hit all series. And when he did there was a lot of weak contact. It appears that teams are already adjusting and staying away from him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Not sure if I agree that getting a Gallo or Marte is a must(I'd obviously love to have either) but I completely agree with what you said about Sheets.  If you can sell high on Sheets right now or in a few weeks, go do it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Shields is likely about -10 runs in RF, he looks like Palka out there.  There is still imo a need for a OF although Goodwin is doing his best to fill in the hole.

Why won't James Shields let us live in peace???

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Gallo is the play for sure. Will give left handed power. Is a hell of a fielder. Can round robin with Eloy and Vaughn for DH in the playoffs and if Cespedes or Colas are ready in 2023 you thank him for the ring and move on. 

He’d be an ideal acquisition, but god only knows the price unfortunately.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

One of the rest of the crew of OFs, whoever survives the roster shuffle once Eloy and Luis are back.

Engel, Hamilton and Goodwin aren’t everyday starters though. More like coming off the bench in the playoffs so that leaves a hole in one of the OF positions.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’d be an ideal acquisition, but god only knows the price unfortunately.

He's said that he wants to stay in Texas. With how well he's been hitting his price probably just doubled in the past month or so. The best time to get him was probably a few weeks after Robert went down. But I don't think teams like to make big trades that early in the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Engel, Hamilton and Goodwin aren’t everyday starters though. More like coming off the bench in the playoffs so that leaves a hole in one of the OF positions.

We are going to have some combination of Engel, Hamilton, Goodwin, and Leury to use.  Maybe they trade for someone, but they do have guys they can mix and match with.

• Like 1

Playoffs looking at Vaughn, Robert, Engel or perhaps Goodwin/Sheets/Lamb from left to right, with Hamilton the 5th OF and Eloy the primary DH.

Not expecting more beyond the Ross discount rack RP or C over the next three weeks, similar to in the words of Steve Stone last August, ownership's major commitment to winning in troubling difficult times, i.e. Jarrod Dyson (he wasn't being sarcastic).

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Playoffs looking at Vaughn, Robert, Engel or perhaps Goodwin/Sheets/Lamb from left to right, with Hamilton the 5th OF and Eloy the primary DH.

Not expecting more beyond the Ross discount rack RP or C over the next three weeks, similar to in the words of Steve Stone last August, ownership's major commitment to winning in troubling difficult times, i.e. Jarrod Dyson (he wasn't being sarcastic).

I’m cool rolling without adding an OFer.  

A reliever would be great.  Gonna need tons of arms to get through the second half

22 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Your Spotify/Apple algorithm is gonna be funky for a little while after today 

*Bonnie Raitt
*Hooker with a Penis
*Meth Psychosis
*Various Medical Terms
*Ticks and Leeches

Have fun building a user profile for this one, Google.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC