ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I know 14 days is very optimistic for when he could be back but that would be awesome since I'm going to the July 26 game.

It's possible if he hits well and looks healthy playing. 21 days is being extremely conservative. 

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

You would think for about 8 weeks or more he’s slowly been building strength and is at full force now.

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

He has been training for two months now. Surgery repaired the problem and physical therapy and training got his body up to speed. Power shouldn't be an issue unless he still has an issue with the injury. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He has been training for two months now. Surgery repaired the problem and physical therapy and training got his body up to speed. Power shouldn't be an issue unless he still has an issue with the injury. 

Yes, he may be stronger than he ever was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eloy said the surgery did not affect his swing.  I'm sure we will know as soon as he starts hitting in the minors if that is true 

It shouldn't much. It's his left arm. With a right handed swing it's the outside muscles that do the work. As long as the range is fine there shouldn't be an issue even if it's a little weak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

It shouldn't be an issue. Even if it's a little weak the injured muscle isn't significant for a right handed swing. The uninvolved muscle have had plenty of time to regain their strength. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It shouldn't be an issue. Even if it's a little weak the injured muscle isn't significant for a right handed swing. The uninvolved muscle have had plenty of time to regain their strength. 

Lets wait to see whether or not Vulture approves of your conclusion here before we get excited about it!!!

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Not significant?!  I'll have you know that both my podiatrist and my chiropractor stated that it has a moderate effect on my golf swing, and I have several wikipedia articles and diagrams in color to prove you wrong.

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Same. He will only be able to bunt. 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eloy said the surgery did not affect his swing.  I'm sure we will know as soon as he starts hitting in the minors if that is true 

What did a few tweets say from Eloy ? "He's feeling better than he did in Spring training. That he's feeling 110 % No 200 %." This is just from memory but I think I got it pretty close to true accuracy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lets wait to see whether or not Vulture approves of your conclusion here before we get excited about it!!!

This must be a SoxTalk record for setting up the easiest collection of likes in one fell swoop.  The big question is how you beat Fathom and Dick Allen to it.

Maybe Vulture went to a medical or chiropractic school…teachers are used to getting second guessed, but this is the first athletic trainer attack I’ve seen.

If anything, he should be talking about what the White Sox training staff could have done better or differently, that would be more interesting but hindsight is always 20/20.

Edited by caulfield12

25 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Another fun fact... When Eloy does come back at the end of the month, we will be days away from getting a report that Robert is about to start his minor league assignment in WS. 

It’s going to be crazy having them both back after getting used to this team without them.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

This must be a SoxTalk record for setting up the easiest collection of likes in one fell swoop.  The big question is how you beat Fathom and Dick Allen to it.

Maybe Vulture went to a medical or chiropractic school…teachers are used to getting second guessed, but this is the first athletic trainer attack I’ve seen.

If anything, he should be talking about what the White Sox training staff could have done better or differently, that would be more interesting but hindsight is always 20/20.

"Likes" really bug you, don't they

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC