ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

33 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I am wondering the same thing. In the past everyone does their stint in Charlotte. Are they planning on making him go through Birmingham and Charlotte too? This seems crazy. 

I think he goes from WS to Charlotte after a week of games. Then probably plays a week of games there too. If he looks good he should be called up the last week of July. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

I really wonder how long of a career Eloy will have. I hope a long one.

I think quite a bit depend on if he can transition to 1B/DH next year.  If he works hard and becomes a competent 1B it will allow him to play 140+ games each year in theory.  There's no way he can stay healthy out in LF.  Too many things he can run into out there.

4 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I am wondering the same thing. In the past everyone does their stint in Charlotte. Are they planning on making him go through Birmingham and Charlotte too? This seems crazy. 

DeGrom made a rehab start in A ball this year. I wouldn't look too much into it.

29 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

On which part?  I did actually go watch part of a summer league game when it was over 105 at night. 

You should absolutely go check Eloy and provide a complete report. 😆

22 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I can't believe a rehab assignment would ever start in A ball. 

Usually do if its going to be a lengthy one. Take a week at each level to gradually work up. deGromm started at A ball this week too.

26 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/sports/chicago-white-sox/steve-stone-burden-on-eloy-jimenez-fit-in-with-white-sox

Is there a reason why The Pone felt it was necessary to lay into Eloy like this?

Is Stone saying what, at least, 90% of the people on this board are saying: That whether he likes it or not, Eloy has to accept that he's going to be a DH and maybe some 1st base so that he doesn't get hurt anymore. Stone is being honest. Is that "lay(ing) in to Eloy"?  I don't think so. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Is Stone saying what, at least, 90% of the people on this board are saying: That whether he likes it or not, Eloy has to accept that he's going to be a DH and maybe some 1st base so that he doesn't get hurt anymore. Stone is being honest. Is that "lay(ing) in to Eloy"?  I don't think so. 

Fair point. However, I do recall Frank Thomas dropping off somewhat offensively the year he became a DH for a majority of his games. I know Eloy wants to field so it will be interesting to see how his offense responds to him becoming a DH if that is his future.

19 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Yes. 

What is the purpose?  

50 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/sports/chicago-white-sox/steve-stone-burden-on-eloy-jimenez-fit-in-with-white-sox

Is there a reason why The Pone felt it was necessary to lay into Eloy like this?

I don't disagree with a single word Steve Stone said during either segment (video from March or the quotes in the article). 

From the video:

• Eloy can't possibly help this team unless he is in the lineup.
  • In order to be on the field, in order to be great, you have to be durable. Eloy has not proven that he's durable at all, and a lot of the injuries have not been of the particularly smart areas.

From the article:

• What Eloy wants at this point is truly irrelevant.
  • The number one priority of the team is winning this year. 
  • He has to understand where he fits into the grand scheme of things. Everything is secondary on an individual basis behind team goals.
  • Eloy has to realize that. He's smart enough to realize that. It's what the White Sox want him to do and how he fits into a team that has fought its way to a seven and a half game lead where he hasn't played a minute of it. And so he'll come back, and fit in.

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC