ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't disagree with a single word Steve Stone said during either segment (video from March or the quotes in the article). 

From the video:

• Eloy can't possibly help this team unless he is in the lineup.
  • In order to be on the field, in order to be great, you have to be durable. Eloy has not proven that he's durable at all, and a lot of the injuries have not been of the particularly smart areas.

From the article:

• What Eloy wants at this point is truly irrelevant.
  • The number one priority of the team is winning this year. 
  • He has to understand where he fits into the grand scheme of things. Everything is secondary on an individual basis behind team goals.
  • Eloy has to realize that. He's smart enough to realize that. It's what the White Sox want him to do and how he fits into a team that has fought its way to a seven and a half game lead where he hasn't played a minute of it. And so he'll come back, and fit in.

I do not disagree either.  Never said I did. 

My point is what is the point of Pone saying this through the media?

1 minute ago, Sambuca said:

I do not disagree either.  Never said I did. 

My point is what is the point of Pone saying this through the media?

Wasn't attacking you, just stating my thoughts on the link.

In response to your question, 

1. Stone is paid to comment on the team.

2. It's likely the FO / Manager / Coaching Staff shares in most/all of these sentiments.

3. It's a counterpoint to Eloy's griping yesterday about wanting to play OF everyday and not DHing, without it coming from someone in White Sox management.

4. Let's the team know the team is most important, and there are no sacred cows on the team regardless of pedigree or contract (also see Eaton DFA).

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

Is Stone saying what, at least, 90% of the people on this board are saying: That whether he likes it or not, Eloy has to accept that he's going to be a DH and maybe some 1st base so that he doesn't get hurt anymore. Stone is being honest. Is that "lay(ing) in to Eloy"?  I don't think so. 

I don’t see how moving to first would help. The walls at least don’t move, unlike runners and other fielders, and he would still be approaching the wall on pop flies anyway. Don’t have to worry about him falling into the dugout in the outfield either, except when he returns at the end of the inning. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

Usually do if its going to be a lengthy one. Take a week at each level to gradually work up. deGromm started at A ball this week too.

And WS is an hour drive from Charlotte. Would expect him to spend the weekend there to shake the rust off then join the AAA club til he's ready to get called up

Stone is old school like TLaR is...you know, players have to do as told by the Manager for the good of the team, not play where they want or blow off a take sign and swing when they want.

Anyway, Eloy has a say because he is one of the best bats in the American League. He is not going to a a full time DH at 24 years old. If I was his agent there is no way that happens.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, tray said:

Stone is old school like TLaR is...you know, players have to do as told by the Manager for the good of the team, not play where they want or blow off a take sign and swing when they want.

Anyway, Eloy has a say because he is one of the best bats in the American League. He is not going to a a full time DH at 24 years old. If I was his agent there is no way that happens.

Yes, he can sit out unpaid until 2027 to protest. You'll get $0 as an agent based on that salary/advice.

"In order to be on the field, in order to be great, you have to be durable. Eloy has not proven that he's durable at all, and a lot of the injuries have not been of the particularly smart areas. "

Other very good players have had multiple injuries including Grandal, Moncada, Robert, Engel, Burger.  Not many of them can honestly  be characterized as "durable."

It seems like Eloy has a lot to prove about his defense when he comes back. He has been subject to a lot of negativity since cub fans started a narrative that Eloy isn't that good.  Well he isn't gold glove but if he stays within himself and eliminates diving for balls, he will be fine out there.

Does Stone get paid to say things on the Score? He knows, like everyone else, the Sox are a better team with a healthy Eloy in the line up. This team is playoff bound because the have feasted, which they are supposed to do, on the bad teams. Against the really good teams, they have struggled for the most part. The good teams make the playoffs. The injured guys coming back can be the difference against them. It makes your entire roster more confident.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Apparently a now former poster couldn't handle Soxtalk anymore,  so they went out showing how much class they actually had.  I think all posts have been addressed,  but if not, hit the report button so they can be taken care of.

Believe the Hall of Fame list took care of that preemptively. 😆

Edited by hi8is

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Apparently a now former poster couldn't handle Soxtalk anymore,  so they went out showing how much class they actually had.  I think all posts have been addressed,  but if not, hit the report button so they can be taken care of.

I don't know who it was but: 

please be who I think it is

please be who I think it is

please be who I think it is. 

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC