ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

55 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

😭😭😭 they’re really going to let him back in LF aren’t they? 

you gotta play him in LF at least a few times a week to keep the rust off. if the Sox make it to the WS, Eloy isn't gonna be on the bench in NL parks

On 7/13/2021 at 3:07 PM, joesaiditstrue said:

you gotta play him in LF at least a few times a week to keep the rust off. if the Sox make it to the WS, Eloy isn't gonna be on the bench in NL parks

Maybe some guys don't hit as well as a DH.  

Edited by kitekrazy

Google translate: My Trusted Source tells me that The Dominican 🇩🇴 #EloyJimenez could be back with the #MLB team as fast as at the end of this week or starting the series on Monday vs the Twins #WhiteSox

I would be surprised if he’s back by the end of this week but you never know.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, heirdog said:

Makes sense.  You know he is a successful MLB hitter and he is murdering balls at over 100 mph exit velo so he is healthy.  Why waste his bullets/swings down in AAA.

It's not so much his performance as wanting to see how his body responds to playing games every day for a while before bringing him back. I'd be really surprised to see him before Milwaukee.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It's not so much his performance as wanting to see how his body responds to playing games every day for a while before bringing him back. I'd be really surprised to see him before Milwaukee.

Good point.  No need to rush as there may be soreness after repeated days playing.  The blessing in all of this is that even if the trade deadline is underwhelming, we have Eloy and Robert soon.  But just gut feeling that Grandal will be longer than we expect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yeah but him playing in Charlotte is no different than playing here in that regard. You are going to play him it might as well be in Chicago. If he gets sore you rest him. Now if he is in Charlotte to get swing timing down or used to playing again without hurting the MLB team's chance at winning, then keep him down. 

2 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Good point.  No need to rush as there may be soreness after repeated days playing.  The blessing in all of this is that even if the trade deadline is underwhelming, we have Eloy and Robert soon.  But just gut feeling that Grandal will be longer than we expect.

There's been no talk of adding a catcher (though I think Molina would be an ideal get) so that tells me that they expect Grandal back early enough to get a few weeks in before the postseason.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah but him playing in Charlotte is no different than playing here in that regard. You are going to play him it might as well be in Chicago. If he gets sore you rest him. Now if he is in Charlotte to get swing timing down or used to playing again without hurting the MLB team's chance at winning, then keep him down. 

Easier to rest him on a AAA roster though. Once he's back on the Sox, someone else is gone. Can't bring him back until you're confident he can play at least 5-6 games a week.

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC