ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

13 minutes ago, pcq said:

3B, Those baseball betting blondes on my game ads should start a prop on how will Eloy injure himself next time.

There is also the concern of who he could injure.  Moncada and Anderson need to up their Personal Injury Protection.  Maybe batting helmets for 3B, SS , and CF  

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

And they just send Vaughn to the bench?  

They’re going to have to use Eloy at Wrigley soon enough, so bring him up now at home and get a day off on Thursday. To me, the rest of the season is about mixing up the lineup, keeping guys fresh, and getting ready for October baseball. Vaughn can dh Wednesday, play 1b on Friday or Sunday, and LF on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yes but then you're either rushing him out into LF or wasting a roster spot over the weekend. Prefer to have him come back Monday.

Yes. I think Monday at the earliest. Makes no sense to throw him out there now with an off day and no DH coming up. Let him get some more ABs and he'll be good to go.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes. I think Monday at the earliest. Makes no sense to throw him out there now with an off day and no DH coming up. Let him get some more ABs and he'll be good to go.

Yeah I too think it will be after the upcoming trip to Milwaukee. By the time the Cubs series in Wrigley comes, that will be beyond 20 days anyway so he will have to be back then.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think it would make decent sense. You can give him 1 at bat per game to ease him in. They may also want to get him some experience playing LF in Milwaukee and to face their pitching, in case we see them in the WS. I'd call him up Monday but that may be their rationale. 

48 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If Rick Hahn was watching that, someone's gonna have to restart his heart.

The problem with playing Eloy in left is he will always try to prove the doubters wrong. Which is how he was hurt to begin with. I'd rather he let a ball drop than dive or jump for it. Which means he needs to DH. 

• Like 1

The time has come for Rick and Tony to have a serious talk with Eloy.

Rick Hahn

253?cb=20161007132943

We have a question. Do you want to be an outfielder, or do you want to appear to be an outfielder? It's an honest question. Lot of guys want to appear to be outfielders. Glove, sunglasses, pretend they can play the position.

Tony La Russa

4.jpg

A lot of them want to lay in a net and fall asleep at the wheel.

Eloy Jimenez

The-Departed-2006-leonardo-dicaprio-2266

I'm all set without your own personal job application, Skipper. With all due respect Sir, what do you want from me?

Tony: Hey asshole, he can't help you. I know what you are, OK. I know what you are, and I know what you're not. I'm the best friend you have on the face of this Earth, and I'm going to help you understand something, you punk. You're no fucking outfielder.

Rick: He's right. We deal in deception here. What we do not deal with is self-deception. Five years from now, you can be anything else in the world. But you will not be a major league outfielder.

Eloy: Are you sure of that?

Rick: I'm sure of that.

Tony: Guaran-fucking-teed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The time has come for Rick and Tony to have a serious talk with Eloy.

Rick Hahn

253?cb=20161007132943

We have a question. Do you want to be an outfielder, or do you want to appear to be an outfielder? It's an honest question. Lot of guys want to appear to be outfielders. Glove, sunglasses, pretend they can play the position.

Tony La Russa

4.jpg

A lot of them want to lay in a net and fall asleep at the wheel.

Eloy Jimenez

The-Departed-2006-leonardo-dicaprio-2266

I'm all set without your own personal job application, Skipper. With all due respect Sir, what do you want from me?

Tony: Hey asshole, he can't help you. I know what you are, OK. I know what you are, and I know what you're not. I'm the best friend you have on the face of this Earth, and I'm going to help you understand something, you punk. You're no fucking outfielder.

Rick: He's right. We deal in deception here. What we do not deal with is self-deception. Five years from now, you can be anything else in the world. But you will not be a major league outfielder.

Eloy: Are you sure of that?

Rick: I'm sure of that.

Tony: Guaran-fucking-teed.

good ass movie... if some of you haven't seen it  - must watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Robert is yet to complete a full game on his rehab assignment. It seems unlikely to me he'd go from that to being on the ML roster within the span of 6 days.

Robert played part of the season so id imagine if Eloy take 2 and 1/2 weeks Robert would take no more than 2 

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC