ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Robert is yet to complete a full game on his rehab assignment. It seems unlikely to me he'd go from that to being on the ML roster within the span of 6 days.

This is by design

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is by design

Of course it is but I also think that's a sign he isn't 6 days away from being back on the big league roster. They took it slow with Engel, they've taken it slow with Eloy, I don't see any reason to believe Robert will be any different.

• Like 1

Saw the Eloy replays on the post game show. Eloy makes a great catch against the wall on one and then on a fly ball to shallow center, throws out a guy trying to score from third.  Nice. Now I would like to see if he still has the bat speed and power he had.

Could not tell much from the short Robert video other than he looked like he was doing the right thing by easing into the rehab.

Anyway, it was good to see the two friends out there together  playing again..

Edited by tray

6 hours ago, tray said:

Saw the Eloy replays on the post game show. Eloy makes a great catch against the wall on one and then on a fly ball to shallow center, throws out a guy trying to score from third.  Nice. Now I would like to see if he still has the bat speed and power he had.

Could not tell much from the short Robert video other than he looked like he was doing the right thing by easing into the rehab.

Anyway, it was good to see the two friends out there together  playing again..

They aren't "out there together."

51 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They aren't "out there together."

I was told the bullshit "yuk yuks" between Eloy and Robert would end with La Russa. It didn't in Spring Training, and only ended when Eloy suffered his major injury.

It MUST end at this point. If Luis calls off Eloy, Eloy needs to back off. This needs to be a condition made very clear to Eloy before he takes the field for the Chicago White Sox.

https://www.mlb.com/video/jimenez-robert-collide

Edited by South Side Hit Men

18 hours ago, Moncada said:

Robert played part of the season so id imagine if Eloy take 2 and 1/2 weeks Robert would take no more than 2 

Both will be given if not the full 20 days pretty damn close to it. The injury is the issue with Robert , not whether he played at all this year. He had a serious injury  and just walking again took time. Now he has to do everything expected of a MLB player with great speed  while slowly seeing how that hip responds.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I was told the bullshit "yuk yuks" between Eloy and Robert would end with La Russa. It didn't in Spring Training, and only ended when Eloy suffered his major injury.

It MUST end at this point. If Luis calls off Eloy, Eloy needs to back off. This needs to be a condition made very clear to Eloy before he takes the field for the Chicago White Sox.

https://www.mlb.com/video/jimenez-robert-collide

My point was one is in Winston Salem and the other is in Charlotte right now, so they aren't "two friends out there together" at the moment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC, will DH
  • Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC
On 6/14/2021 at 1:52 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I trust Eloy's judgment on this about as much as I trust his judgment on how to stay injury free.

Eloy's judgment? You mean a 24 year old player that wants to make every effort to bring back a a home run?  OK< it was pre-season, but that is what competitive athletes do - they compete. It could be a game of pick-up basketball in the alley, it doesn't always prevent a guy from trying to make a play. If you want to mock him for that, well go ahead.

Never forget, White Sox fans claimed Avi Garcia was a lifetime DH after he was injured diving for a ball.  Now AviG is a pretty valuable member of an NL team with no DH. I think Avi has something like 17 HR ... before today's game.  Unfortunately, the Brew crew are tougher and Rowdier  than I thought.

• Haha 2