ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

If they were planning on using Eloy strictly as a DH, Burger would be the one they should send down. 

But since they appear to be determined to still use him as an outfielder, there is no point in keeping Goodwin. 

I agree, at least Burger can spell Moncada and seems to be a better hitter than Mendick. As soon as we trade for a 2B then Burger should go down

With Eloy back

Lineup vs. L

1. SS Anderson R

2. RF Engel R

3. 1B Abreu R

4. DH Jimenez R

5. 3B Moncada S

6. LF Vaughn R

7. 2B Garcia S

8. CF Hamilton R

9. C Zavala R

Lineup vs. R

1. SS Anderson R

2. 3B Moncada S

3. 1B Abreu R

4. DH Jimenez R

5. LF Vaughn R

6. RF Goodwin L

7. CF Engel R

8. 2B Garcia S

9. C Collins L

Once Yaz and Robert get back this lineup will go from meh to scary, especially vs. lefties. 

11 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Goodwin? Dude has a 160 wRC+ vs RHP. No way 

I’m not getting all the Goodwin hate.  Certainly he’s overplayed well beyond his abilities so far with us and is going to regress, but the dude has a long track record of being a league average hitter and isn’t a bad defender in the corners like he is in CF.  Unless we add a legit RF upgrade or Sheets somehow runs away with the job as rookie, Goodwin is a useful player to have on this roster.

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not getting all the Goodwin hate.  Certainly he’s overplayed well beyond his abilities so far with us and is going to regress, but the dude has a long track record of being a league average hitter and isn’t a bad defender in the corners like he is in CF.  Unless we add a legit RF upgrade or Sheets somehow runs away with the job as rookie, Goodwin is a useful player to have on this roster.

goodwin will be here until robert gets back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

With Eloy back

Lineup vs. L

1. SS Anderson R

2. RF Engel R

3. 1B Abreu R

4. DH Jimenez R

5. 3B Moncada S

6. LF Vaughn R

7. 2B Garcia S

8. CF Hamilton R

9. C Zavala R

I don’t see Tony going with four straight RHB at the top of the lineup, even vs. a LH Starter. He’s as committed to RLRLRLRL as he is to the unwritten rules.

I expect TA YM JA EJ BG AV LG ZC/SZ AE/BH starting tomorrow. 

Long term expected Regular Lineup:

1. SS TA
  2. 3B YM #
  3. 1B JA
  4. DH EJ
  5. C YG #
  6. CF LR
  7. LF AV
  8. 2B LG #
  9. RF AE

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think he’s here even after Robert gets back.  Unless they’re prepared to go all-in on Sheets, Goodwin will part of a RF platoon with Engel.

Agreed. Engel/Goodwin should platoon in RF when Robert returns. They need to IL Hamilton until rosters expand 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Agreed. Engel/Goodwin should platoon in RF when Robert returns. They need to IL Hamilton until rosters expand 

With that platoon, there wouldn’t be room for Sheets meaning he can just go down. Don’t have to IL Hamilton. 

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

With that platoon, there wouldn’t be room for Sheets meaning he can just go down. Don’t have to send down Hamilton. 

Agreed. Sheets and Burger have three options, one may return in September. Jake Lamb is the wild card, think Tony will be sad but will cut him over cutting Goodwin, IMO, due to lack of any defensive position at this stage.

C YG ZC IF JA LG DM TA YM OF/DH EJ AV LR BH BG AE.

Minor is starting so:

1. TA, ss 2. Moncada, 3b 3. Abreu, 1b 4. Eloy, lf-dh 5. AV, dh-lf 6. Engel, rf 7. Leury, 2b 8. Hamilton, cf 9. Zavala, c?

Or, you could start AV in right with Eloy in left, Engel in center and get Sheets in the lineup for more pop.

5 hours ago, Moncada said:

No way they carry 7 players that play OF.  Its definitely gonna be Goodwin or Engel if he hits the IR

Betting that it will be Burger or Sheets. Someone they can option so either can get every day at bats and keep all the depth.

Edited by manbearpuig

9 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I agree, at least Burger can spell Moncada and seems to be a better hitter than Mendick. As soon as we trade for a 2B then Burger should go down

I don't think spelling should have anything to do with it.🙂

• Haha 1