Jump to content
2Deep

ELOY back Monday against KC

Recommended Posts

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

why WS and not Charlotte?

Hell probably go through them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

why WS and not Charlotte?

I read that he will start in WS then move up to Charlotte if everything is good after a week or so

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know 14 days is very optimistic for when he could be back but that would be awesome since I'm going to the July 26 24 game.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993
was looking at the wrong month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I know 14 days is very optimistic for when he could be back but that would be awesome since I'm going to the July 26 game.

It's possible if he hits well and looks healthy playing. 21 days is being extremely conservative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I know 14 days is very optimistic for when he could be back but that would be awesome since I'm going to the July 26 game.

Hopefully eloy will “make it so”.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

You would think for about 8 weeks or more he’s slowly been building strength and is at full force now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

He has been training for two months now. Surgery repaired the problem and physical therapy and training got his body up to speed. Power shouldn't be an issue unless he still has an issue with the injury. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He has been training for two months now. Surgery repaired the problem and physical therapy and training got his body up to speed. Power shouldn't be an issue unless he still has an issue with the injury. 

Yes, he may be stronger than he ever was.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy said the surgery did not affect his swing.  I'm sure we will know as soon as he starts hitting in the minors if that is true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eloy said the surgery did not affect his swing.  I'm sure we will know as soon as he starts hitting in the minors if that is true 

It shouldn't much. It's his left arm. With a right handed swing it's the outside muscles that do the work. As long as the range is fine there shouldn't be an issue even if it's a little weak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

It shouldn't be an issue. Even if it's a little weak the injured muscle isn't significant for a right handed swing. The uninvolved muscle have had plenty of time to regain their strength. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It shouldn't be an issue. Even if it's a little weak the injured muscle isn't significant for a right handed swing. The uninvolved muscle have had plenty of time to regain their strength. 

Lets wait to see whether or not Vulture approves of your conclusion here before we get excited about it!!!

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It shouldn't be an issue. Even if it's a little weak the injured muscle isn't significant for a right handed swing. The uninvolved muscle have had plenty of time to regain their strength. 

Not significant?!  I'll have you know that both my podiatrist and my chiropractor stated that it has a moderate effect on my golf swing, and I have several wikipedia articles and diagrams in color to prove you wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

worried that he's gonna have like no power at all @ptatc given how long Eloy has been out, is it possible his muscles have had enough time to get back to 100% or will he still have atrophy even after his rehab assignment

Same. He will only be able to bunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eloy said the surgery did not affect his swing.  I'm sure we will know as soon as he starts hitting in the minors if that is true 

What did a few tweets say from Eloy ? "He's feeling better than he did in Spring training. That he's feeling 110 % No 200 %." This is just from memory but I think I got it pretty close to true accuracy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lets wait to see whether or not Vulture approves of your conclusion here before we get excited about it!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=10249931

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, he may be stronger than he ever was.

Harve Bennett : Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive.

Oscar Goldman : We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I know 14 days is very optimistic for when he could be back but that would be awesome since I'm going to the July 26 24 game.

I’ll be at the game in Milwaukee on the 24th that Saturday so I hope so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I’ll be at the game in Milwaukee on the 24th that Saturday so I hope so!

Better hope it’s not Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lets wait to see whether or not Vulture approves of your conclusion here before we get excited about it!!!

This must be a SoxTalk record for setting up the easiest collection of likes in one fell swoop.  The big question is how you beat Fathom and Dick Allen to it.

 

Maybe Vulture went to a medical or chiropractic school…teachers are used to getting second guessed, but this is the first athletic trainer attack I’ve seen.

If anything, he should be talking about what the White Sox training staff could have done better or differently, that would be more interesting but hindsight is always 20/20.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another fun fact... When Eloy does come back at the end of the month, we will be days away from getting a report that Robert is about to start his minor league assignment in WS. 

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Another fun fact... When Eloy does come back at the end of the month, we will be days away from getting a report that Robert is about to start his minor league assignment in WS. 

It’s going to be crazy having them both back after getting used to this team without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

This must be a SoxTalk record for setting up the easiest collection of likes in one fell swoop.  The big question is how you beat Fathom and Dick Allen to it.

 

Maybe Vulture went to a medical or chiropractic school…teachers are used to getting second guessed, but this is the first athletic trainer attack I’ve seen.

If anything, he should be talking about what the White Sox training staff could have done better or differently, that would be more interesting but hindsight is always 20/20.

"Likes" really bug you, don't they

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×