Jump to content
2Deep

ELOY back Monday against KC

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

He has to occasionally, even if he's not the primary LF.

Exactly he will play left maybe twice a week to keep him happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

😭😭😭 they’re really going to let him back in LF aren’t they? 

you gotta play him in LF at least a few times a week to keep the rust off. if the Sox make it to the WS, Eloy isn't gonna be on the bench in NL parks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there going to be a live feed of this game because I will totally watch his at bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, based on those batting cage swings, the Athletic was SO right, clearly has no power and is rushing this... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks plenty strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they would only DH him as well, but hopefully being out for a large chunk of time has taught him not to be stupid or reckless out there.  Or someone has his ear about playing smarter in the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were family you would make sure he has a will and power of attorney. We just have to roll with it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Charlotte, they may need him to pitch tonight as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Eloy might kill someone in AAA

More likely to be with a glove on his hand, vs. a bat in his hands.

All kidding aside, glad to see him with solid at bats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2021 at 3:07 PM, joesaiditstrue said:

you gotta play him in LF at least a few times a week to keep the rust off. if the Sox make it to the WS, Eloy isn't gonna be on the bench in NL parks

Maybe some guys don't hit as well as a DH.  

Edited by kitekrazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Maybe some guys don't hit as well as a DH.  

You know who else doesn't hit well?  Guys on the injured list.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Google translate: My Trusted Source tells me that The Dominican 🇩🇴 #EloyJimenez could be back with the #MLB team as fast as at the end of this week or starting the series on Monday vs the Twins #WhiteSox

I would be surprised if he’s back by the end of this week but you never know.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense.  You know he is a successful MLB hitter and he is murdering balls at over 100 mph exit velo so he is healthy.  Why waste his bullets/swings down in AAA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heirdog said:

Makes sense.  You know he is a successful MLB hitter and he is murdering balls at over 100 mph exit velo so he is healthy.  Why waste his bullets/swings down in AAA.

It's not so much his performance as wanting to see how his body responds to playing games every day for a while before bringing him back. I'd be really surprised to see him before Milwaukee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It's not so much his performance as wanting to see how his body responds to playing games every day for a while before bringing him back. I'd be really surprised to see him before Milwaukee.

Good point.  No need to rush as there may be soreness after repeated days playing.  The blessing in all of this is that even if the trade deadline is underwhelming, we have Eloy and Robert soon.  But just gut feeling that Grandal will be longer than we expect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It's not so much his performance as wanting to see how his body responds to playing games every day for a while before bringing him back. I'd be really surprised to see him before Milwaukee.

Yeah but him playing in Charlotte is no different than playing here in that regard. You are going to play him it might as well be in Chicago. If he gets sore you rest him. Now if he is in Charlotte to get swing timing down or used to playing again without hurting the MLB team's chance at winning, then keep him down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Good point.  No need to rush as there may be soreness after repeated days playing.  The blessing in all of this is that even if the trade deadline is underwhelming, we have Eloy and Robert soon.  But just gut feeling that Grandal will be longer than we expect.

There's been no talk of adding a catcher (though I think Molina would be an ideal get) so that tells me that they expect Grandal back early enough to get a few weeks in before the postseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah but him playing in Charlotte is no different than playing here in that regard. You are going to play him it might as well be in Chicago. If he gets sore you rest him. Now if he is in Charlotte to get swing timing down or used to playing again without hurting the MLB team's chance at winning, then keep him down. 

Easier to rest him on a AAA roster though. Once he's back on the Sox, someone else is gone. Can't bring him back until you're confident he can play at least 5-6 games a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

 

 

 

 

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

lolol really going out on a limb there

@Y2Jimmy0 retweeted it so maybe there are legs to it?

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×