Jump to content
2Deep

ELOY back Monday against KC

Recommended Posts

Eloy at DH after 40 MILB at 60% may be better than what they are getting at that point in time.

Robert will need the longer rehab assignment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy returns August 6th just in time to face the Scrubs at Wrigley...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Eloy returns August 6th just in time to face the Scrubs at Wrigley...

No DH at Wrigley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChetLemon77 said:

Eloy returns August 6th just in time to face the Scrubs at Wrigley...

Terrified at the thought of him crashing into the ivy-covered brick 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eloy is not gonna happy if he’s not playing LF. He has stated that more than once. Sox might be able to get him to DH while he “rehabs” for a week or so, but he’s gonna want to get back to LF and I would bet the Sox will do that, if for no other reason, just to keep him happy. I might be wrong, but I would bet, if he’s back in early August, he’ll spend most of his games in left field by September. And, I would agree with that decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Terrified at the thought of him crashing into the ivy-covered brick 

Yeah I'm thinking he comes back week after that and DHs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Eloy at DH after 40 MILB at 60% may be better than what they are getting at that point in time.

Robert will need the longer rehab assignment. 

Eloy DHing the rest of the season is actually a pretty solid idea.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Eloy DHing the rest of the season is actually a pretty solid idea.

He will be the DH as Yermin has falling off a second cliff and Vaughn has been solid in left. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how long are most rehab assignments for this kind of injury?  was listening to Chris Rose's podcast and he had on a kid from the marlins who's currently on a rehab stint and made it sound like he would only be in the minors for a few days before coming back to the big club.  I'd imagine Eloy would probably need a couple weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

how long are most rehab assignments for this kind of injury?  was listening to Chris Rose's podcast and he had on a kid from the marlins who's currently on a rehab stint and made it sound like he would only be in the minors for a few days before coming back to the big club.  I'd imagine Eloy would probably need a couple weeks?

Longest you can stay in a rehab assignment is a month. So yea a few weeks or 10 days sounds about right.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think he goes to AAA in two weeks. 

Back following the ASG would be just tremendous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Back following the ASG would be just tremendous.  

I would assume his rehab assignment would be at least a week to 10 days right? He hasn't played since March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manbearpuig said:

I would assume his rehab assignment would be at least a week to 10 days right? He hasn't played since March.

My expectation is he starts Triple A week of All Star break and does about 2 to 3 weeks there. So I'd expect him back first week of August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I would assume his rehab assignment would be at least a week to 10 days right? He hasn't played since March.

Yeah, I didn't mean literally immediate following ASG.  I would guess a week to 10 days sounds about right.  I think he'll be doing a lot of DHing so I don't think they'll wait much longer than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

My expectation is he starts Triple A week of All Star break and does about 2 to 3 weeks there. So I'd expect him back first week of August. 

Yep, I'd imagine that both Eloy and Robert go 2-3 weeks for a rehab assignment. That would put Eloy back around the TDL and Robert back about 2 weeks later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, vilehoopster said:

Eloy is not gonna happy if he’s not playing LF. He has stated that more than once. Sox might be able to get him to DH while he “rehabs” for a week or so, but he’s gonna want to get back to LF and I would bet the Sox will do that, if for no other reason, just to keep him happy. I might be wrong, but I would bet, if he’s back in early August, he’ll spend most of his games in left field by September. And, I would agree with that decision.

He lost his voice in the matter on that bonehead spring training game. Just my humble opinion.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

 

Re: this tweet. Eloy was on someone's IG story. He said (in Spanish) he will start with an affiliate Saturday or Monday. He doesn't know which affiliate yet. If he's correct, that would mean Arizona is a possibility for him to start as they are the only affiliate that plays on Mondays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it would be so huge to get him back soon and get him into the mix. Sooner we get him back the sooner he hopefully gets his swing back and can give Abreu some actual support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also does this thread title need updating? Sounds like his rehab assignment is starting this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×