6/15 Rays @ Sox, 7:10 CT

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

What I would expect to see tonight:

Anderson 6, Grandal 2, Moncada 5, Abreu 3, Mercedes DH, Vaughn 7, Garcia 9, Engel 8, Mendick 4

Looks good to me with a lefty on the mound. I would probably switch Vaughn and Yermin but it seems like a guarantee Yermin will hit 5th (if not 2nd).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Sox need a win against these guys to show themselves and everyone else they can compete with the best. I expect Tampa to win the East and be the biggest obstacle to winning the ALCS.

An injury riddled team vs. a team playing great baseball,  1 out of 3 wouldn't be too bad.

3 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Sox need a win against these guys to show themselves and everyone else they can compete with the best. I expect Tampa to win the East and be the biggest obstacle to winning the ALCS.

Glasnow probably needs TJ now, that is a big hit for their playoff chances 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Yep. This sucks big time for them and baseball. Dude was balling out. 

this indeed sucks big time...but it's little things like this that give the sox a better chance in 2021 and 2022. With the injuries the Sox have had...this is HUGE towards Sox beating Rays come playoff time. 

6 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Bring sheets up please.  I'm not saying he's the answer.  We know Eaton isn't though. 

If anything he needs to replace yermin. Then we can platoon sheets/abreu/Vaughn/lamb at dh sheets/Goodwin/mendick/Eaton at rf

Edited by Greydawgfan1

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

If anything he needs to replace yermin. Then we can platoon abreu/Vaughn/lamb at dh Goodwin/mendick/Eaton at rf

The corpse of Eaton should be first to go. Even trying dig for positives by looking at his splits, there isn't much to be encouraged by.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

The corpse of Eaton should be first to go. Even trying dig for positives by looking at his splits, there isn't much to be encouraged by.

Realistically when Robert and Eloy are back yermin, Garcia and Eaton should be dropped. Run a Eloy robert /Engel/Goodwin/sheets outfield 

Realistically when Robert and Eloy are back yermin, Garcia and Eaton should be dropped. Run a Eloy robert /Engel/Goodwin/sheets outfield 

Eloy won't be starting in LF over Vaughn if there is a DH

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Eloy won't be starting in LF over Vaughn if there is a DH

There is no way Eloy becomes a full time dh. Sox fans need to accept this. I think Eloy platoons lf with Vaughn and then we platoon dh with abreu/Vaughn/eloy/ grandal. With fingers crossed mr April dropped.

Edited by Greydawgfan1

There is no way Eloy becomes a full time dh. Sox fans need to accept this. I think Eloy platoons dh with Vaughn and then we platoon dh with abreu/Vaughn/eloy/ grandal. With fingers crossed mr April dropped.

This season he might be a DH full time. I can see Vaughn and Eloy rotating at DH, with Eloy DHing more often. 

I don't want to relegate him to full time DH yet. I want to see the Eloy-Robert-Vaughn OF next year.

Edited by ron883

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This season he might be a DH full time. I can see Vaughn and Eloy rotating at DH, with Eloy DHing more often. 

I don't want to relegate him to full time DH yet. I want to see the Eloy-Robert-Vaughn OF next year.

I’d rather trade for marte/ Frazier for outfield infield work and have Vaughn stick to first base/dh since that’s his future