6/15 Rays @ Sox, 7:10 CT

21 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

There is no way Eloy becomes a full time dh. Sox fans need to accept this. I think Eloy platoons lf with Vaughn and then we platoon dh with abreu/Vaughn/eloy/ grandal. With fingers crossed mr April dropped.

I don't think he will be either but I think when he comes back he will be for the rest of 2021. I agree though that he will not be a full-time DH after this year.

Has Fegan or somebody asked about Lamb’s availability to play 3B?

I get they are facing a lefty today, but what about yesterday or in general?

Perhaps the Sox staff feel he can no longer play infield, after his 30 combined innings at 1B and 3B this season. Those were his natural positions throughout his career. He was terrible at  1B in limited time, but didn’t look so bad at 3B. Is he taking infield practice?

If Yoan missed 20 games, would it be 20 Leury starts and 0 for Lamb?

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Has Fegan or somebody asked about Lamb’s availability to play 3B?

I get they are facing a lefty today, but what about yesterday or in general?

Perhaps the Sox staff feel he can no longer play infield, after his 30 combined innings at 1B and 3B this season. Those were his natural positions throughout his career. He was terrible at  1B in limited time, but didn’t look so bad at 3B. Is he taking infield practice?

If Yoan missed 20 games, would it be 20 Leury starts and 0 for Lamb?

Hey, if they want to throw him in RF to see if he can stick out there in a platoon with Engel, I wouldn't be mad. But I do agree that it is weird he is not playing his natural position.

Edited by manbearpuig

35 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I kinda feel like if they trade for Ketel Marte, it's going to cost Madrigal or Vaughn.

Would absolutely do that, but Madrigal won’t be traded now due to injury.  Vaughn would absolutely be available for me.

• Haha 2

Assuming Eaton isn't inserted late in the game, "Everyday" Leury Garcia will pass both Adam and Nick tonight in games played (55), moving to the fourth slot behind Abreu (62), Moncada (62), and Mercedes (61).

Leury's pitching equivalent, "Everyday" Eddie Guardado.

blog-0142146001549401597.jpg

"Fat guys don't get hurt."

-Ozzie Guillen

1 hour ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

There is no way Eloy becomes a full time dh. Sox fans need to accept this. I think Eloy platoons lf with Vaughn and then we platoon dh with abreu/Vaughn/eloy/ grandal. With fingers crossed mr April dropped.

With as well as Vaughn has handled LF this year, there is virtually no chance Eloy walks on to the field as the starting LF in 2021.

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With as well as Vaughn has handled LF this year, there is virtually no chance Eloy walks on to the field as the starting LF in 2021.

I agree...and for what it's worth I am a lot more comfortable with Engel in centerfield.  

3 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

If it means we drop our current dh I'm fine 

Yes, it appears as if Yermin has played himself out of permanent DH.  (Permanent = 2 yrs).  And, I was a big time Yerminite.