6/15 Rays @ Sox, 7:10 CT

5 hours ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

There is no way Eloy becomes a full time dh. Sox fans need to accept this. I think Eloy platoons lf with Vaughn and then we platoon dh with abreu/Vaughn/eloy/ grandal. With fingers crossed mr April dropped.

It's Eloy's fault if he's DH. He keeps getting hurt. Maybe they'll give him one more chance out there but it's ridiculous to keep having him get hurt out there. Now that Yermin is human, I'd simply have Eloy be DH and Yermin back him up. I'm all for Eloy playing LF, but again, he seems to be injury prone out there.

10 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Over/under .200 BA for Grandal by end of season?

It's pretty hard to hit .150. I guess he's OK with it since his walks are out of this world. I'd say it's possible maybe even likely he hits .210 before it's over though.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It's Eloy's fault if he's DH. He keeps getting hurt. Maybe they'll give him one more chance out there but it's ridiculous to keep having him get hurt out there. Now that Yermin is human, I'd simply have Eloy be DH and Yermin back him up. I'm all for Eloy playing LF, but again, he seems to be injury prone out there.

Rick Hahn has made it clear it’s only Sox fans online  who think this will happen 

Ever notice since we got the new hitting coach how many pitches the Sox take? I'm OK with it as the team usually hits pretty well. But I've been a Sox fan a long time and can't remember hitters ever being this patient. I know it's modern baseball to either HR or K or BB but is our new hitting coach the reason that the Sox have hopped aboard this style of hitting?

1 minute ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Rick Hahn has made it clear it’s only Sox fans online  who think this will happen 

I'm OK with trotting him out there back to LF. I just am concerned about his injuries. I would think one more injury caused by his play in LF will be the end of him out there. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess he could improve. Jose for instance has become a pretty good defensive first baseman.

Edited by greg775