Madrigal Done for 2021

SoxFanForever

2 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

Apparently not a run-of-the-mill tear.  Better to get it over with than to play around for a couple of months and then decide.  Robert, Eloy, Engel, Kopech and now Madrigal.  That's a lot of DL time from important players.  Shows how strong this team was at full force.  I still think we will make a strong playoff run in spite of all this bad luck.

3 minutes ago, knightni said:

Adam Frazier available?

Has to be. Under control for 2022 too. Can either move him to RF for 2022 or dangle him in a trade yourself in the offseason if you decide to go for power (which the team SHOULD have plenty of with everyone healthy).

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Wouldn't hate him but would really be setting my sights higher.

Any chance Toronto goes on a losing streak and makes Semien available?

I doubt it. I was reading an article recently that they want to try and get him an extension. they like him. 

25 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Time to get the best lefty/switch bat we can get that plays 2nd base well. Give up a decent (but not top) prospect if you have to. Worry later about whether the guy you get blocks Madrigal when he gets back.

Any non-rental player good enough to block Madrigal is light years more expensive in prospect capital than the Sox could afford.

24 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Has to be. Under control for 2022 too. Can either move him to RF for 2022 or dangle him in a trade yourself in the offseason if you decide to go for power (which the team SHOULD have plenty of with everyone healthy).

The Sox could use some more if you ask me.