Madrigal Done for 2021

SoxFanForever

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think they’re going to need to find a replacement for Eaton. He is injured and washed up. Keep him on the bench for the remainder of the year. 

I can't disagree about Eaton. However, if they can acquire Escobar, they should be able to fill the outfield with a combination of Engel, Goodwin, Vaughn, Garcia and Lamb. They'll also have Hamilton back, before too long. With Eloy's bat added, sometime around the beginning of August, the lineup would be ok, without needing to add another outfielder. 

Just now, Lillian said:

I can't disagree about Eaton. However, if they can acquire Escobar, they should be able to fill the outfield with a combination of Engel, Goodwin, Vaughn, Garcia and Lamb. They'll also have Hamilton back, before too long. With Eloy's bat added, sometime around the beginning of August, the lineup would be ok, without needing to add another outfielder. 

Are we supposed to be happy Hamilton is returning?  Sure he had a nice five game or so stretch, but god help us if he’s the missing piece 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Are we supposed to be happy Hamilton is returning?  Sure he had a nice five game or so stretch, but god help us if he’s the missing piece 

Just now, fathom said:

No, I'm not suggesting that he represents a key offensive component, but with guys like Vaughn and Lamb getting playing time in the outfield, he would be a valuable late inning defensive replacement, as well as a pinch runner. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He will need 196.4 hits per season through his age 39 season to reach 3,000. 

It’s going to be a challenge.

If he starts taking Nugenix at a young age, he will be playing well in to his 40's so 3000 is still attainable....and yes she will like it too!!

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, wegner said:

If he starts taking Nugenix at a young age, he will be playing well in to his 40's so 3000 is still attainable....and yes she will like it too!!

AND, we have a guy on the inside for a Nugenix hookup!

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I entirely disagree.

Mendick is going to be fine as a replacement. We need to get HR from the corner outfielders and the DH spot, not try to fill that need with  second basemen.

Mercedes, Vaughn and Eaton need to be replaced. or at least platooned .

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Unfortunately, the ENTIRE BASEBALL community knows that the Sox need a guy like Frazier....going to make it a ton harder.

Why would Cherrington care about the perceived need of the other team? Frazier has multiple suitors. If Cherrington has his price met, he will take his favorite offer in return. Whether the receiving team is going to hit Frazier #3 or have him as a bench piece isn't really relevant. The team who offers the best package will get the guy.

With that said, I find it more likely the Sox acquire a rental given the extent of the need and the acquisition cost being lesser.

Here's one good thing: Our early lead in the division allows us some precious days/week(s) to take our time on it.

I'm not advocating for waiting on improving, but I don't feel entirely rushed to go out and make a poor decision. 

32 minutes ago, tray said:

I entirely disagree.

Mendick is going to be fine as a replacement. We need to get HR from the corner outfielders and the DH spot, not try to fill that need with  second basemen.

Mercedes, Vaughn and Eaton need to be replaced. or at least platooned .

I have no objection to your suggestion. If you can suggest a LH power bat, to play a corner outfield position, who could be acquired, without giving up too much, it should be considered. Whom would you recommend?