Madrigal Done for 2021

SoxFanForever

11 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I have no objection to your suggestion. If you can suggest a LH power bat, to play a corner outfield position, who could be acquired, without giving up too much, it should be considered. Whom would you recommend?

Phillies have 5th highest payroll in baseball...and they are a .500 team this year, sub .500 last year and .500 in 2019.  Their rebuild has been a disaster.  Bryce Harper as our RF for the next ten years??  As a trade would be salary cap relief for them so I'm not sure it would take much in prospect capital.  Engel, Burger and one of the HS pitchers?     

8 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Phillies have 5th highest payroll in baseball...and they are a .500 team this year, sub .500 last year and .500 in 2019.  Their rebuild has been a disaster.  Bryce Harper as our RF for the next ten years??  As a trade would be salary cap relief for them so I'm not sure it would take much in prospect capital.  Engel, Burger and one of the HS pitchers?     

I'd love to spend Jerry Reinsdorf's money, but I can't imagine him taking on that contract. Moreover, I really wonder if the Phillies are ready to tear it down and start a rebuild. Their fans might revolt.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Wouldn't hate him but would really be setting my sights higher.

Any chance Toronto goes on a losing streak and makes Semien available?

Very Doubtful. Sox arms held them down but they erupted like a volcano against Boston after us. Some good lefty bats with some pop and a couple of relief arms and this team is good to go. Oh and Be very very careful with Rodon.

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s going to happen...just too perfect of a fit.

I wouldn't mind it happening just because his HR power is good  but I wouldn't call it perfect since he's better against LHP like the rest of the team. But he does still provide power against RHP. Better to get him than not get him if you can't find or get a more balanced player like Starling Marte . Get both and that's perfect.

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

I'm always bugging our guy ptatc for injury news or advice, so I'll skip that this time. According to google, this surgery has a pretty high success rate of returning to pre-injury condition. 

Yep. This is similar to the Eloy surgery.  Much more effective when it's reattching it to the bone as opposed to the middle of the muscle. 

4 hours ago, zisk said:

3 major injuries in 3+ years when you are young is a really bad thing. I'd say Nick has one chance left. If he

gets even a hang nail after this, he'll never be an every day player again.

He says while cheering for a team whose best pitcher (by fWar) has been Carlos Rodon. 

7 hours ago, Lillian said:

I have no objection to your suggestion. If you can suggest a LH power bat, to play a corner outfield position, who could be acquired, without giving up too much, it should be considered. Whom would you recommend?

I totally agree to try to obtain Adam Frazier, as long as the cost is not too much, but I would use him in RF and leave Mendick at second. Mendick is solid at second and has made clutch plays for us.  He looks focused at the plate, especially in key at-bats.  So my primary focus if I was Rick Hahn would be on solving the DH dilemma then RF. I don't have many suggestions for LH bats but , FWIW my line-up for August after the big boys come  back:

Tim Anderson - SS
Yoan Moncada - 3B
Jose Abreu - 1B
Eloy Jiminez - LF
Yasmani Grandal- C
Luis Robert - CF
Adam Frazier (or other trade target) - RF
David Peralta or  Joey Gallo (or other trade target) - DH
Danny Mendick - 2B

Right now, I would start platooning Vaughn and Lamb at DH.   Not sure what to do with Mercedes but he has looked awful and is making a fool of himself with the approach he has.

Edited by tray