Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

On 6/25/2021 at 10:37 PM, Balta1701 said:

Someone should make a thread about that, maybe Hahn will get the idea.

Your insistence that the Sox haven't begun seeking trades is strange. So hellbent on something you have zero proof of. Weird. 

• Like 1

Its going to suck when no such trade actually goes through.  It's been light-years in trade rumor time and nothing from anyone else.  Feels like a plant.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for Rosenthal/Passan/etc. to be like that security guard and come take the popcorn away.  "Escobar to Sox isn't close" etc.

1 hour ago, heirdog said:

This is like the Sale to Nationals smoke…which ended up in Red Sox upping offer and closing the actual deal.

I think Sox get Frazier soon…

That would be the ultimate overpay guy right now.

The reality is that Escobar seems so obvious to everyone it seems like an impossibility the teams aren’t talking.

He had a huge night at the plate, they broke their historic road losing streak and now they can make fun of the Rockies for being even worse, 6-30 on the road.

Escobar was pulled late last night despite being 4/5 with five RBIs.  When combined with Nightengale’s tweet it seems like this is going to happen as some point today, just curious what the price will end of being.  I’m not sure where the Lambert speculation came from, but he did miss his scheduled start last night, so I can see why people are throwing his name around.  That being said, it’s also possible (more likely IMO) that the Sox are simply calling him up to pitch today.

6 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Portillo's guy deleted his tweet.

"One way, or another, Jimmy Lambert will be in the news tomorrow"

Want to say I saw a tweet last night suggesting Lambert would be the 27th man today. 

Edited by Tnetennba

Just now, flavum said:

Where did Nightengale say he was getting traded?  Because he said "departed"? He was taken out of a blowout game. 

He didn't exactly say it, but I think the "and soon on his way from the #Dbacks to the #WhiteSox" part is essentially saying it without actually having said it.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic