Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Even with the HRs, his numbers were around league average and he has 3 months of control. He’s a good get, but not a guy that is going to make some team give up a really good prospect, and eat all the money even if his salary is pretty reasonable, especially with the owners crying poor. The Sox had to eat most of Ray Durhams contract for the Jon Adkins. The sooner the DBacks trade Escobar, the sooner they have to stop paying him which is going to be their biggest trade reward. Making a team take another contract can work as well, but they need to be careful. Waiting until the deadline is only going to cost them money.

I agree with this mostly but I do think the home runs make him greater than the sum of the numbers just because it is so lacking on our team and it is such an important element to winning a game.

To me Lambert is fair and I guess I wouldn't say it like it's low but I do see how it would be seen as low compared to a top 150 prospect or so. And I agree Escobar won't bring back that kind of return.

I think Lambert has really been underappreciated and undervalued around the league and will be a good player if he can ever stay healthy.  But I do think that if you are the DBacks you shop around and try to beat that as a centerpiece.

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Speaking of game 1, can @southsider2k5 or someone else change the game thread title from last night so it can be continued today?

Oh damn forgot that yesterdays game was someone elses thread and I made a thread for todays game but if they win the suspended game that wasn't right of me . They can delete my thread and change yesterdays thread as you suggested. But if that is your thread you can edit it yourself to change the title just as you would edit any post.

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

That is besides the point right? If you trade the second there is no way you end up with the 3rd, who is supposed to be the best of the bunch correct?

I would save Tatis for a much bigger deal. I wouldn't trade him, but if Hahn does at least sell it as another Tatis lottery ticket that could hit big. 

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic