Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If a team was offering to pick up all of Escobars money, he wouldn't be with the D Backs right now. That is not some inside knowledge,  just common sense. He also doesn't make a ton. 

Plus it's no big deal. It's not like Escobar is making much. Sox picking up $4M isn't much.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

What does that even mean?  There are multiple teams interested most likely.  If multiple teams have yet to submit their final and best offers, you are a total hack if you pretend to know what the result of the process will be.  You really have no reason to presume anything if you don't even know the players being talked about.

Again unless of course you know that the Sox will take on a shitload of salary with him, and you believe you already know that other teams cannot and would not do that.  So you're calling the winner because you think you know all there is to know about the salary situation.  But I am going to doubt that also.  This is the White Sox.  Erik Johnson for Shields and his contract was fair; Tatis Jr. was for the cash.  And Colas is sitting out this year in large part because the dorf decided he would rather dump buyouts than sign players.

I'll believe the massive salary dump angle when I see it.  The closest I can ever remember was the straight claim on Alex Rios, who was in his prime and was a load of talent, and whose contract at the time really wasn't bad, it was his production.  But everyone else we get cash back on, and usually lots of it.

Colas is sitting out because he's guaranteed a higher bonus in the next period. Teams weren't allowed to trade for more INTL $ and every team had most (if not all) of their $ committed by the time he was deemed eligible to sign. The trading intl $ for buyout coverage was back in 2019 (Nate Jones and Beef), and was/is still a very dumb decision that they made. 

16 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It isn't much, but the owners have cried poor and there is a new contract to iron out with the union. So they have to play the game.

If we ignore the Nightengale tweet, there is the  other tweet or something that said Reinsdorf was willing to do what it takes. Can't ever be sure of that either . A lot of people took that to mean picking up a stupid contract on an old guy like Blackmon. It took it to mean the Sox might be willing to take on $10M in salary while dishing out some prospects too. That's like the most I can hope for.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 minutes ago, knightni said:

People on r/baseball don't call him that for no reason.

He's whiffed on a few trade or free agent Twitter postings over the years.

Literally tweeted earlier this year that Bauer had an agreement with the Mets and we know how that turned out. 

Well I for one promise that I will not riot if the Sox choose to trade James Beard.  In fact, I don't even know why anyone would want him.

OTOH I won't be happy if they trade Bailey, Tatis, Ramos, Rodriguez, etc.

I'd like to keep Gladney and a couple of those other guys too.

If they trade one of the above OTOH and get a guy who can make a difference then I will understand it.

But I won't like it.

I will definitely not be happy if they trade Vera.

56 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Literally tweeted earlier this year that Bauer had an agreement with the Mets and we know how that turned out. 

Les Boob also equated going to jail with taking a sick day from work.

Give me Le Tit sNow for $200.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic