Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

I think it bodes well that their initial ask is Burger or Collins.. let's you know the quality of what they will eventually be sent won't be high. I would assume some one like Adolfo will be heading that way.

Edited by FLsoxfan

1 minute ago, FLsoxfan said:

I think it bodes well that their initial ask is Burger or Collins.. let's you know the quality of what they will eventually be sent won't be high. I would assume some one like Adolfo will be heading that way.

Got to give to get and Adolfo likely just doesn't have enough time to figure it out with the Sox.  But watch....he'll hit15-20 2nd half bombs with the DBacks if that trade goes down.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Got to give to get and Adolfo likely just doesn't have enough time to figure it out with the Sox.  But watch....he'll hit15-20 2nd half bombs with the DBacks if that trade goes down.  

I've had Adolfo at the top of my list of players I'm fairly certain will make us sad by producing with another team in the future.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I've had Adolfo at the top of my list of players I'm fairly certain will make us sad by producing with another team in the future.

Yeah.  I'm a Micker fan, and I know it will happen.  At this point, there just isn't time.  But I do believe he's going to be someone who has some MLB success as a corner OF/DH home run masher.  

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

Isn’t Escobar a free agent after this year? So you’d really be trading for a rental. 

That’s a bad idea unless you’re talking about someone like Rutherford who you know isn’t very good. 

The Sox don't need anything but a rental.  The Sox lineup is full for 2022 except RF, which Escobar is not.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

The Sox don't need anything but a rental.  The Sox lineup is full for 2022 except RF, which Escobar is not.  

That’s what I’m saying. If you’re going to trade any prospect worth something (which I wouldn’t) it should be for someone who can play the outfield. Kole Calhoun comes to mind. 

10 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

That’s what I’m saying. If you’re going to trade any prospect worth something (which I wouldn’t) it should be for someone who can play the outfield. Kole Calhoun comes to mind. 

Calhoun is on the IL, and would be a very underwhelming RF for 2022.  Sure he helps right now (if/when healthy), but if you're going to get an OF that will stay beyond 2021, I sure hope they aim higher than Calhoun.

Escobar is a great stop gap.  We need some professional hitters in the lineup.  I too don't want to give up anything of value for 3 months of an average player.  But its going to require something.  

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Calhoun is on the IL, and would be a very underwhelming RF for 2022.  Sure he helps right now (if/when healthy), but if you're going to get an OF that will stay beyond 2021, I sure hope they aim higher than Calhoun.

Escobar is a great stop gap.  We need some professional hitters in the lineup.  I too don't want to give up anything of value for 3 months of an average player.  But its going to require something.  

Calhoun is also a free agent after this year but maybe they could take on his contract as more of a salary dump? Not that he is even healthy now.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

Calhoun is also a free agent after this year but maybe they could take on his contract as more of a salary dump? Not that he is even healthy now.

He has a 22 option.  But yeah, he could be a FA.  

The goal should be to acquire the pieces needed for this year. The prospect cost would be too high to fill the RF hole, longer term. Free agency would be the better route.

Calhoun is about ready to start a rehab assignment and he would be better than anyone currently on the roster, to fill the RF hole. I have no confidence in Adam Eaton staying healthy and he doesn't provide enough power, for this injury riddled and power challenged roster.

From MLB.com

OF Kole Calhoun (left hamstring surgery)
Expected return: Early July
Calhoun continues to take batting practice and is doing some light running out of the batter’s box. He could start a rehab assignment soon. (Last updated: June 26)

Edited by Lillian

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Why do the Sox want to mess with another iffy hamstring?

You would have to ask someone with the proper medical background. However he had surgery, so I would assume if he has been cleared to play, that he's not any more vulnerable to a hamstring injury, than anyone else.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic