Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If they played well against other top teams (had a winning record against them) from other divisions then I'd be super excited. 

Nobody believes that. You'd be complaining about the lack of prospects or whatever part of the team that was lowest performing. 

If you were dating Kate Upton you'd be complaining about the fact that she's not going to age well. If you won the lottery you would be bitching about the taxes you'd have to pay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 5

27 minutes ago, ron883 said:

A 2nd generation rebuild could be wildly successful. Imagine the value our young core has given their great contracts. Unprecedented value. 

There’s no need to rebuild. They built. Question is what the Sox will do when the young players want a real free market deal instead of the unproven early deals they were willing to sign when they were desperate for cash and security. Kudos to the Sox for being able to get those done so far. It wont be that easy next time. Maybe these guys will be dealt first and the Sox pick up some Rays type deals. Preferably a lot of the pressure would be alleviated if they were better at signing international free agents. (Non Cubans lol)

Maybe we should let the rebuild play out for more than one competitive season before declaring it a failure and fantasizing about blowing it up again?  

The injuries and this rough patch have been frustrating as fuck, but lets take a breath.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Maybe we should let the rebuild play out for more than one competitive season before declaring it a failure and fantasizing about blowing it up again?  

The injuries and this rough patch have been frustrating as fuck, but lets take a breath.

When you say we you mean Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you subscribe to the Athletic, it was in an offseason or ST article about Lynn. 

I don't feel like going back and looking through 3-6 months of articles. 

Lmao my favorite of all Jack replies is this one in all of its various forms 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao my favorite of all Jack replies is this one in all of its various forms 

I didn't pull this out of my ass, I saw it in there. 

I could have sworn that they either had a deal or were close to one before Lynn nixed it.

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you subscribe to the Athletic, it was in an offseason or ST article about Lynn. 

I don't feel like going back and looking through 3-6 months of articles. 

I have Athletic and you have no source. If you have to make stuff up to make your argument it's probably not a great argument. 

Just so you understand, Lynn doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract or 10-5 rights. So your argument never made sense to begin with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I could have sworn that they either had a deal or were close to one before Lynn nixed it. 

I believe it was released in the off-season that Lynn did not want to be traded to any team but a deal was never close due to the Rangers ask. Lynn not wanting to be traded is the not the reason the deal did not happen.

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We all do man, that's why we post here.

It just seems to me that the FO has no vision. 

Holy crap.  The just took a five year span of burning this to the ground, getting amazing returns, even in hindsight, for the players they originally had on the roster, and turning this into a playoff team last year, and a first place team this year.   We have six of our own 1st round draft picks on this roster. 

You can nitpick all you want at some of the moves along the way, but you can't say they don't have vision.  You might not like their vision, but they also have some fairly solid results to back up what they have done so far.

• Like 3

Just now, raBBit said:

I have Athletic and you have no source. If you have to make stuff up to make your argument it's probably not a great argument. 

Just so you understand, Lynn doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract or 10-5 rights. So your argument never made sense to begin with. 

I just found it, it was an article by Ken Rosenthal. He threatened to opt out if traded. 

Here's the link. 

https://theathletic.com/2246560/

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You kind of did pull this out of your ass. Or dreamed it. Either way it never happened and the facts and circumstances don't even allow for such a scenario to happen.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article245169165.html

Here's Lynn from last August:

“You have zero control over it unless you have a no-trade clause,” Lynn said. “Can’t worry about it. You have to do what you can each day for the team you are on and the guys around you to get ready to perform on the field. If you do that, everything else is going to happen whether you like it or not."

https://www.lonestarball.com/2020/12/8/22163219/lance-lynn-trade-opt-out-chicago-white-sox-texas-rangers-covid

COVID opt-out complicated Lynn trade, per report

119 comments

Ken Rosenthal says that Lance Lynn indicated he would opt out of the remainder of 2020 if he were dealt to a team he didn’t want to go to

No where does it say that he said that about the White Sox, FTR.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Ken Rosenthal is reporting, however, that there was also another factor at play — namely, that Lynn had told the Rangers he would opt out of the remainder of the 2020 season “if he was sent to a team he did not wish to join.” That gave Lynn a de facto no-trade clause, since a team wouldn’t trade for Lynn unless they had assurances he would not exercise his right to opt out of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

https://www.lonestarball.com/2020/12/8/22163219/lance-lynn-trade-opt-out-chicago-white-sox-texas-rangers-covid

COVID opt-out complicated Lynn trade, per report

119 comments

Ken Rosenthal says that Lance Lynn indicated he would opt out of the remainder of 2020 if he were dealt to a team he didn’t want to go to

No where does it say that he said that about the White Sox, FTR.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ken Rosenthal is reporting, however, that there was also another factor at play — namely, that Lynn had told the Rangers he would opt out of the remainder of the 2020 season “if he was sent to a team he did not wish to join.” That gave Lynn a de facto no-trade clause, since a team wouldn’t trade for Lynn unless they had assurances he would not exercise his right to opt out of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Thanks Ray Ray. 

I was half wrong.......There was no deal because there was never going to be one. 

38 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The Rays signed Garcia in January of 2019 and Garcia makes millions more than Eaton in 2021 lol. 

Glasgow is in Scotland. Glasnow is on the IL from complications of being forced to stop cheating.

"Yondy" Chirinos is actually Yonny Chirinos.

Fleming is on the DL simply because he's sore and the Rays had an off day yesterday and have one Thursday. They can IL him, skip his start and carry an extra reliever. Plus he was slated to face Toronto who hammers lefties and they gave him trouble in two starts this year.

Archer is hurt. As he was expected to be. 

What's the point here?

That "Oh woe is us we have 5 outfielders on the IL" is an excuse we should never hear again. Not with the injury history of the guys they signed and how they chose to use them before their injuries.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I just found it, it was an article by Ken Rosenthal. He threatened to opt out if traded. 

Here's the link. 

https://theathletic.com/2246560/

Where in that article does it say the Sox had a deal for Lynn?

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They had a deal for Lynn last year but he didn't want to leave TX mid-season during the pandemic. 

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic