Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

No Moncada in the lineup today, and if we've learned anything from watching opponents' lineups the past few days, it means he's being traded.

What have you monsters done?! 😉

Gotta make room for Burger

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

No Moncada in the lineup today, and if we've learned anything from watching opponents' lineups the past few days, it means he's being traded.

What have you monsters done?! 😉

Half of baseball is being traded due to no guys in the lineup.

6 hours ago, raBBit said:

You say they had 5 starters on the IL. Yet, they only have 4.

Chirinos tore his UCL last year so they knew that they were getting nothing from him all year. He may as well not exist in 2021 and doesn't factor into the in season argument debate.

Fleming is totally procedural and a product of the schedule/rest and not an actual concern. This is him skipping a start against a divisional foe in a period of multiple off days after a season he only threw ~50 innings.

Archer is coming off of multiple surgeries. He has been hurt since August of 2019 away from 1 start / 2 games earlier this year. I am sure last year you were defending the Sox because Rodon wasn't able to contribute.

Glasnow is a product of side effects of cheating. They have been missing him for a few weeks. Hardly 75%+ of the season like Eloy/Robert. 

So the Rays have lost Glasnow (probably 3 starts) and a guy who has appeared in 2 games since mid-August 2019.

Sox have lost their best hitter and a reigning Silver Slugger, their best defender who was on a 6 WAR pace, their starting second baseman who was coming into his own and has a lifetime .315 batting average, their 8M right fielder who was one of their better players prior to the injuries, their fourth outfielder who is premium defender and seemingly finding his power stroke, their outfield replacement for the aforementioned injuries and their most effective reliever who may be the best pitcher in the organization. On top of that, Rodon and Lynn have both missed multiple starts, Grandal played April hobbled after basically no spring training, two relievers that would have made the roster haven't pitched all year, etc. 

The Sox have had far more injuries than the Rays whether you have been paying attention enough to understand it or not. 

What would be the White Sox equivalents of McKay and Honeywell missing long stretches?

13 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm thinking a deal may be far away because they gave us the positive Eloy and Robert updates. 

No I don’t think that’s the reason. I think it’s because they are still negotiating or working out the details.

Edited by maloney.adam

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

This thread is worse than some of the media preachers who won't shut their yaps and keep asking for money in exchange for being saved. Maybe I should follow soccer. 

Yes, to summarize:

Phase One: Collect Underpants

Phase Two:

• Trade Rodon, Lynn and Keuchel.
  • Trade Yoan and Madrigal, demote Vaughn and Yermin.
  • Start Lamb, Goodwin and Luis Gonzalez everyday against RHP.

Phase Three: Profits / World Series

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, to summarize:

Phase Two:

Phase Three: Profits / World Seriewhich vaccine u had?sideaffects starting to appear

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Didn't @Blackout Friday say to expect something big? What happened to that? Lol

That was the impression I got. I am by no means an insider or whatever. Every now and then I can get tidbits of info, and based on what I was told it sounded like the Sox were being very aggressive. It’s still early so I’m going to stay optimistic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greek-konerko said:
1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, to summarize:

Phase Two:

Phase Three: Profits / World Seriewhich vaccine u had?sideaffects starting to appear

Looks like your sarcasm vaccine is working just fine.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic