Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

A 3B/2B with an OPS over .800 at the notorious pitcher's park in Birmingham. He's got a good OBP right now. Escobar isn't that great. He's a half year rental.  He could very well regress to his career normals soon. If the Sox take on all his salary, I don't think he costs much more than Forbes. Maybe include a low level lottery type prospect. 

Hey if the Sox can get Escobar for Forbes I'm all for it. What if Moncada broke his hand and is out for 6-8 weeks  and you have to outbid 4 other teams for him ? Escobar instantly becomes one of the better Sox hitters for a guy that isn't that great and can play 2nd or 3rd. I know nobody want's to give up much for any trade but something has to give.

Either the Sox give up pieces people won't be happy about or they don't do much of anything and pray no starting pitcher gets hurt and we go limping in the playoffs for a 2nd straight year.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

At this point his value may be too high. 

He just got voted to be the starting 2B in the ASG. He's definitely at the height of this value. I think he'll be a 110-120 wRC+ type hitter long term, but I wouldn't pay for the numbers he's putting up this year. They don't seem sustainable. 

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t think Frazier‘s bat plays all that well in RF. Sox need more power in the lineup.

A healthy Sox team is going to pick up A LOT of homers from the rest of line up.  Abreu, Robert, Eloy, are solid 30 homer bets on a normal season basis.  Yas is going to typically give you something in the mid 20's.  Tim is going to typically push 20 homers.  Moncada isn't showing it this year, but he already has a 25 homer season to his name.  Vaughn is probably going to be a 25-30 homer guy on the conservative side as he gets going.

There is no reason to think even with Nicky and a guy like Frazier in the line up, that the Sox can't be a 200 homer team.

im open to frazier as long as he doesn't come at a huge price. He'd be a nice piece on this team for the 1.5 years. 

would still desire a bigger splash like Starlin marte or Gallo or Story.

Edited by iWiN4PreP

Just now, TheBlackSox8 said:

That's true, but you don't give full control of Vaughn for the small control of Frazier...something else needs to be offered, otherwise look elsewhere.

Frazier is also not the kind of player you even consider trading Vaughn for, regardless of control

• Thanks 2

Frazier would be the perfect addition to this team. I even like him out in RF for 2022, despite what some people fear with his lack of power. Abreu, Vaughn, Grandal, Eloy, Robert, and Moncada should provide more than enough power. It would be nice to have another high contact/ high OBP guy to the lineup. I'm having a hard time wondering what prospect package the Pirates would want in return for his services? I saw Heyman's Vaughn suggestion, but that likely wont happen. Vaughn is the future franchise 1B and he is impressing me more and more with the stick. I get the whole "you have to give to get" thing, but if the Pirates are rebuilding, wouldn't a 4 to 5 prospect package be appealing for that franchise? 

Edited by GreatScott82

13 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Frazier would be the perfect addition to this team. I even like him out in RF for 2022, despite what some people fear with his lack of power. Abreu, Vaughn, Grandal, Eloy, Robert, and Moncada should provide more than enough power. It would be nice to have another high contact/ high OBP guy to the lineup. I'm having a hard time wondering what prospect package the Pirates would want in return for his services? I saw Heyman's Vaughn suggestion, but that likely wont happen. Vaughn is the future franchise 1B and he is impressing me more and more with the stick. I get the whole "you have to give to get" thing, but if the Pirates are rebuilding, wouldn't a 4 to 5 prospect package be appealing for that franchise? 

What “4/5 prospects” you giving them?

That's my question too. It's so hard to navigate. Especially since your competing with other teams for his services. I'm assuming offering Sheets, Kelley, Stiever and Mendick would at least have them listening. Although, i'm unsure the Pirates would think that's enough? What makes Frazier more valuable is the control through 2022. If they are Hell bent on getting a guy on the top 25 MLB prospect list, than Hahn is in trouble unless they are willing to trade pieces from the main roster? Creating more holes doesn't seem to be the approach Hahn wants to take, especially with all of these injuries. 

6 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

That's my question too. It's so hard to navigate. Especially since your competing with other teams for his services. I'm assuming offering Sheets, Kelley, Stiever and Mendick would at least have them listening. Although, i'm unsure the Pirates would think that's enough? What makes Frazier more valuable is the control through 2022. If they are Hell bent on getting a guy on the top 25 MLB prospect list, than Hahn is in trouble unless they are willing to trade pieces from the main roster? Creating more holes doesn't seem to be the approach Hahn wants to take, especially with all of these injuries. 

To even have a chance, I think you'd have to start with Crochet and Kelley if Vaughn is off the table.

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

guys frazier isnt shit... this is the first noticeable year he has ever had.

no way

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/07/white-sox-interested-in-adam-frazier.html

Last season, Frazier’s BABIP fell to .246; this year, it’s sitting at a sky-high .361. Over the course of his career, Frazier has a more ordinary .312 BABIP, and it’s fair to presume it’ll settle in around that mark moving forward.

Frazier has made some modest process improvements this season. His contact rate is up nearly four percentage points, to a career-high 88.6%. He’s traded in some grounders for a few extra line drives. But Frazier hasn’t started hitting the ball with dramatically more authority. His hard contact rate is in the 4th percentile leaguewide, while his barrel rate (essentially how often a batter hits the ball hard at an optimal launch angle for power) is in the 3rd percentile, per Statcast. All in all, Frazier likely isn’t all that different than the player he was entering 2021.

definitely not the guy you even think about trading Crochet or Vaughn for

12 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

To even have a chance, I think you'd have to start with Crochet and Kelley if Vaughn is off the table.

I wouldn’t give up Sheets or Burger either. I would trade some low-mid level prospects for Escobar and than trade Crochet, Kelley, Thompson or Dalquist, and maybe Adolfo in a deal for Gallo and Kennedy. That lineup would be stacked when Eloy and Robert come back. Than just sub or platoon Sheets and Burger in. 

Edited by maloney.adam