Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's also not the first (or second) time Tony called up a 27th man pitcher, only to have him sit all game.

I really don’t understand if he’s not out there for the 6th and 7th. Should be out there now in a 7-1 game. 

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Guys, Escobar can still be traded later tonight, tomorrow or the next day. Does it really matter if he played, didn’t play or just subbed in a game or was taken out? Lol

lol of course it matters. Arizona is not r isking an injury to their trade bait in a game that doesn’t matter to them if they are on the 11th hour of a deal involving him. This is common sense man. 

Doesnt mean Escobar won’t be a White Sox tonight, Tomorrow or next week. But if a trade was agreed to or very close, he would not be playing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

lol of course it matters. Arizona is not r isking an injury to their trade bait in a game that doesn’t matter to them if they are on the 11th hour of a deal involving him. This is common sense man. 

Doesnt mean Escobar won’t be a White Sox tonight, Tomorrow or next week. But if a trade was agreed to or very close, he would not be playing. 

Ok maybe your right. I did see a tweet from an Arizona writer where he said nothing was close so maybe Bob just threw it out there to get more teams to bid on him?

Edited by maloney.adam

10 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Ok maybe your right. I did see a tweet from an Arizona writer where he said nothing was close so maybe Bob just threw it out there to get more teams to bid on him?

I think it’s common knowledge the Sox are interested. I am sure Boobs comment wasn’t baseless. He is a hack tho 

15 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Whatever his motivations, it probably didn't help us at all unless maybe it was to pressure PIT or somebody else.  If we ever are close on somebody and are hoping to close the deal, we definitely don't want anything leaking about it.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Bob said soon. People took Escobar not starting today to mean today.

What does that even mean?  There are multiple teams interested most likely.  If multiple teams have yet to submit their final and best offers, you are a total hack if you pretend to know what the result of the process will be.  You really have no reason to presume anything if you don't even know the players being talked about.

Again unless of course you know that the Sox will take on a shitload of salary with him, and you believe you already know that other teams cannot and would not do that.  So you're calling the winner because you think you know all there is to know about the salary situation.  But I am going to doubt that also.  This is the White Sox.  Erik Johnson for Shields and his contract was fair; Tatis Jr. was for the cash.  And Colas is sitting out this year in large part because the dorf decided he would rather dump buyouts than sign players.

I'll believe the massive salary dump angle when I see it.  The closest I can ever remember was the straight claim on Alex Rios, who was in his prime and was a load of talent, and whose contract at the time really wasn't bad, it was his production.  But everyone else we get cash back on, and usually lots of it.

9 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Escobar does not play if a deal is done….this looks like more crap from Bob.

If a deal is *done*, no. But I suppose this *COULD* be the Dbacks playing a really risky game of chicken to show the Sox that they aren't interested in their current offer by playing Escobar possibly shortly after negotiations stalled. 

25 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

What does that even mean?  There are multiple teams interested most likely.  If multiple teams have yet to submit their final and best offers, you are a total hack if you pretend to know what the result of the process will be.  You really have no reason to presume anything if you don't even know the players being talked about.

Again unless of course you know that the Sox will take on a shitload of salary with him, and you believe you already know that other teams cannot and would not do that.  So you're calling the winner because you think you know all there is to know about the salary situation.  But I am going to doubt that also.  This is the White Sox.  Erik Johnson for Shields and his contract was fair; Tatis Jr. was for the cash.  And Colas is sitting out this year in large part because the dorf decided he would rather dump buyouts than sign players.

I'll believe the massive salary dump angle when I see it.  The closest I can ever remember was the straight claim on Alex Rios, who was in his prime and was a load of talent, and whose contract at the time really wasn't bad, it was his production.  But everyone else we get cash back on, and usually lots of it.

If a team was offering to pick up all of Escobars money, he wouldn't be with the D Backs right now. That is not some inside knowledge,  just common sense. He also doesn't make a ton. 

Edited by Dick Allen

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If a team was offering to pick up all of Escobars money, he wouldn't be with the D Backs right now. That is not some inside knowledge,  just common sense. He also doesn't make a ton. 

If we're that desperate to save on salary when we're basically running out a 2011-12 payroll we are going to lose out, because that's more than a fair contract.  It's going to require at least a couple of middling prospects to comsumate a deal. 

With Naylor out, the Indians are going to be looking at the same players and they have a much better system now, though perhaps not the willingness to trade if Bieber is going to be out long term. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic