Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Im done jack.  This is a worthless hypothetical to argue

I'm just frustrated because I don't agree with how the team is being run. 

They act like a big market team without spending like one. That's where my problem lies. 

They're not going to do what I suggest, because I know the Modus Operandi of Sox management is to be super aggressive when in 1st place. 

I have no delusions of what they're going to do. 

I'll shut up about it now. 

If the Sox are going to act like a big boy, they need to put on the big boy pants. (spend in FA) 

If they're going to cry poor, then act like the poor teams (do Rays/Cleveland type stuff) 

They don't get to have it both ways, because that's just running their team stupidly. It's incredibly frustrating and contradictory. 

This is exactly how you get "mired in mediocrity" 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They act like a big market team without spending like one. That's where my problem lies. 

They're not going to do what I suggest, because I know the Modus Operandi of Sox management is to be super aggressive when in 1st place. 

They were in first place last year. What did they do again? I forget.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What is the difference between a big market team and a small market team other than budget?

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You want the Sox to be spend like the top spender and develop like the best developing team in baseball. I get it. It’s amazing the Sox haven’t seen what the rays are doing and just started pulling good players out of their ass. Like how good would the MLB be if everyone produced like the Rays and spent like the Yankees? 

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

You want the Sox to be spend like the top spender and develop like the best developing team in baseball. I get it. It’s amazing the Sox haven’t seen what the rays are doing and just started pulling good players out of their ass. Like how good would the MLB be if everyone produced like the Rays and spent like the Yankees? 

No, I want them to pick a damn lane instead of half-assing both. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

No, I want them to pick a damn lane instead of pretending to be both. 

What? Do you think there is some flip where teams develop for years and then spend 300 million? You always want to develop. 

Success is measured by continued winning. They made the playoffs last year in their first year of being competitive. Should’ve won the division. Despite all the injuries they’ve dealt with this year, they’re on pace to be in the playoffs again. You’re acting like they’re the Philis or Angels or something. 

We just need to have some kind of activity on the trade front and bring in a few reinforcements so people here can chill out.  We waited like 5 years for a tear down and rebuild and now people want to do that process all over again while we are sitting in 1st place with the best starting pitching staff in baseball.  NUTS!!!

What? Do you think there is some flip where teams develop for years and then spend 300 million? You always want to develop. 

Success is measured by continued winning. They made the playoffs last year in their first year of being competitive. Should’ve won the division. Despite all the injuries they’ve dealt with this year, they’re on pace to be in the playoffs again. You’re acting like they’re the Philis or Angels or something. 

I look at the top teams in baseball and don't think they stack up. They're the tallest midget in the shitty AL Central. 

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

We just need to have some kind of activity on the trade front and bring in a few reinforcements so people here can chill out.  We waited like 5 years for a tear down and rebuild and now people want to do that process all over again while we are sitting in 1st place with the best starting pitching staff in baseball.  NUTS!!!

The Mets say hi

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I look at the top teams in baseball and don't think they stack up. They're the tallest midget in the shitty AL Central. 

Jack if they were fully healthy and had the best record in the MLB you would be complaining saying they're not proven because the division sucks and they didn't spend enough in the offseason. At what point do you realize you're going to b**** and moan regardless of how the Sox fare? 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Mets say hi

I will match up our 5 versus their 5 anyday.

Outside of Degrom we are deeper and better.

Jack, just asking bro........why you always negative?  I understand we have injuries and are struggling right now.  This is a rough patch but we are still in 1st with the possibility of being back to full health by August.  That is when you want to be hitting on all cylinders.  

Jack if they were fully healthy and had the best record in the MLB you would be complaining saying they're not proven because the division sucks and they didn't spend enough in the offseason. At what point do you realize you're going to b**** and moan regardless of how the Sox fare? 

If they played well against other top teams (had a winning record against them) from other divisions then I'd be super excited. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Exactly. So they really don't act like a big market team.

What I mean is that they're really aggressive by trading top prospects to win now, without spending in FA to replace the lost production from those prospects. That's what's frustrating. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If they played well against other top teams (had a winning record against them) from other divisions then I'd be super excited. 

Once you make the playoffs no one asks you who you beat.  The hottest team with the best pitching has the best chance of winning.  

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic