Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

Oy, so now Escobar might end up on the IL. I'm beginning to get the feeling that this year may just be an exercise in futility. All of these injuries and the mid season looming crack down on sticky substances. It's a real mess. Oh well, if Escobar ends up on the IL, I guess that we should be relieved that we dodged a bullet on a potential trade. 

7 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Can we just give up a couple of nothing prospects for Asdrubal Cabrera and Cole Calhoun? Sadly both would be welcomed additions to the roster for at least another month +

Isn’t Calhoun still out with his hamstring surgery

3 hours ago, Lillian said:

Oy, so now Escobar might end up on the IL. I'm beginning to get the feeling that this year may just be an exercise in futility. All of these injuries and the mid season looming crack down on sticky substances. It's a real mess. Oh well, if Escobar ends up on the IL, I guess that we should be relieved that we dodged a bullet on a potential trade. 

Hopefully he's fine .But even if he isn't he's got 5 weeks til the TDL and acquiring him injured with an expected prognosis of a return to health relatively soon ,he might be cheaper.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:33 PM, Chick Mercedes said:

They don’t. Kelly is it, and they would be selling too low right now. All they have are guys like Lambert and Stiever.

They have more than that. Teams will definitely be asking about Ramos and Rodriquez with Kanny 2 19 yr. olds with big upside and decent performances so far.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They have more than that. Teams will definitely be asking about Ramos and Rodriquez with Kanny 2 19 yr. olds with big upside and decent performances so far.

Sheets and Burger aren't bad pieces either, especially for a rental..

Edited by ron883

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Kanny kids would be huge malpractice to trade because you can’t get anything near their possible upside value. That’s not how yo make trades to be a successful organization under these conditions. Ramos and Rodrigquez are whatevers. Nott much help there.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If nothing else he can hit left handed and balance out the line up a bit.

I don't mind getting some power out of the 2B spot....he just doesn't seem good at anything else. It would be very meh for me, which hopefully is the cost of Escobar as well....just a meh prospect. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He has 15 home runs. Even if his average and OPS are low, he is capable of running into one, which we desperately need. 

Agreed.  The lack of HR power on this team is very disturbing.  They go down 3-0 and it's game over.  

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don't mind getting some power out of the 2B spot....he just doesn't seem good at anything else. It would be very meh for me, which hopefully is the cost of Escobar as well....just a meh prospect. 

To be fair, all we really have right now is meh prospects.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic