And That's a White Sox Winner !!

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Keuchel's best game of the year !

Mendick a big hit and help from TB defense.

Engel HR now with 3 in a short period of time !

Since Sept 2019...Engel has 10 home runs in 184 at bats....slashing .280/.330/.495...and playing gold glove defense.  I know they have babied him by giving him favorable matchups...and its still only a couple of hundred at bats...but at some don't you give him a 60 game, play every day, stretch to see if we may have something really interesting here?   

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Mendick might not have an amazing WAR but he’s contributed on some huge plays this year that had a massive impact on the final score.

he'll be at .5 fWAR after tonight.  He's actually on a 3 WAR pace.  I've said it a million times but this roster Hahn has built is incredible. People want to crown the rays while they should be enjoying what is right on front of their face.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

So despite the odds, the Sox have the top ranked bullpen by fWAR and FIP. 

The WAR is impressive because they're ranked dead last in innings pitched.

Come playoff time with our starters and a Bummer/Crochet lefty combo with Hendricks/Kopech righty combo. Yuck.

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Since Sept 2019...Engel has 10 home runs in 184 at bats....slashing .280/.330/.495...and playing gold glove defense.  I know they have babied him by giving him favorable matchups...and its still only a couple of hundred at bats...but at some don't you give him a 60 game, play every day, stretch to see if we may have something really interesting here?   

I know some will never believe in him even after hitting righties well ins a SSS and chalk it up to BABIP luck but any time you can combine great defense with a power hitting offense you have to give him an extended shot. I nice percentage of his hits going back to last year are extra bases and he hits the ball hard. He is the type of player Tampa bay would covet.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

I

2 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I know, it is  heresy to suggest moving  a star player to a different position (as some suggested when Moncada was moved to third), but thinking outside the box for a minute, perhaps Eloy in LF, Engel in CF and Robert in RF might be worth trying once Eloy and Robert return. 

I don't care as much about having a LH bat in the outfield  as I do with defense and HR power. Engel is second only to Mike Trout at robbing home runs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

The Twins look like they are going be sellers at the deadline. I can see them dealing Buxton, Cruz, Pineda, Berrios, etc. Maybe some relievers. Donaldson probably wants to win again so I wonder if he’s going to demand a trade.

Berrios and Buxton are highly unlikely to move in season, IMO.

Buxton has to prove he's healthy for an extended period of time...they're still considering offering him a long-term extension, but it's crunch time.

Rogers (LHR), Colome, Kepler, Polanco, Sano (seems anything's on the table)...definitely Pineda and Happ.

The one guy we should MOST be interested in is Hansel Robles, imo.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Quin said:

So despite the odds, the Sox have the top ranked bullpen by fWAR and FIP. 

The WAR is impressive because they're ranked dead last in innings pitched.

Also #1 by a decent margin in SIERA. Despite the hiccups it’s clear this bullpen has still been very good.

Edited by OmarComing25
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Let's not confuse the Rays with the historic late 1920's/early 1930's Yankees teams, offensively.

*checks calendar* Well, it's 2021, and the Rays have the best record in baseball.  The banged up Sox with a patchwork OF and IF beat the aforementioned best team in baseball by playing a complete game led by some outstanding starting pitching.

Keuchel has been great his last few times out, and yesterday he was really damn good.  I think earlier in the season he was trying to finesse too much and didn't have the best feel for his pitches.  He seems to be very comfortable on the mound now and is trusting his stuff.

Way back before Eloy and Robert got hurt, who would have said, "Thank god for Adam Engel"?  Well, thank god for Adam Engel.

Leury had a nice game.  His pick that started the DP was impressive for a guy who doesn't play a lot of 3B.

A really nice team win.

4 hours ago, tray said:

I

I know, it is  heresy to suggest moving  a star player to a different position (as some suggested when Moncada was moved to third), but thinking outside the box for a minute, perhaps Eloy in LF, Engel in CF and Robert in RF might be worth trying once Eloy and Robert return. 

I don't care as much about having a LH bat in the outfield  as I do with defense and HR power. Engel is second only to Mike Trout at robbing home runs.

I've thought the same thing...but Robert covers so much ground in CF.  With all the shifting baseball does and as fast as Engel and Robert are...i wonder if you could play Robert as the RCF and Engel as the LCF and have Jiminez just stand on the LF foul line and tell him not to move unless it's hit right at him.  

Until Robert is back, Adam Engel needs to be in CF nearly every day. Yes, his offense vs RHP isn't great, but there aren't 9, or even close to 9, other guys whose offense vs RHP is great right now, and Engel provides elite defense at a premium position.

Also, if the Sox meet the Rays in the postseason, Rodon and Keuchel need to be at the top of the rotation. Rays are the anti-Sox in that they're much stronger vs RHP than LHP.