6/16 Rays @ Sox, 1:10 CT

Just now, hogan873 said:

Series win against the Rays would be huge.

Go Sox!

If the Sox win a series against the Rays while down Eloy, Robert, Kopech, Moncada, Madrigal, Fry, Hamilton, a hobbled Eaton, Grandal's average still sub-.200 (even if he's the god of walks), the bullpen still figuring itself out, Vaughn and Mercedes hitting the rookie wall, and Abreu in a slump ... I'd say we're in a pretty good spot.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

If the Sox win a series against the Rays while down Eloy, Robert, Kopech, Moncada, Madrigal, Fry, Hamilton, a hobbled Eaton, Grandal's average still sub-.200 (even if he's the god of walks), the bullpen still figuring itself out, Vaughn and Mercedes hitting the rookie wall, and Abreu in a slump ... I'd say we're in a pretty good spot.

The good: Robert, Eloy, Kopech all should be back by September

The bad: Not sure this team can take another major injury...but they've proven us wrong so far.

• bmags pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think this team is starting to figure it out grandal average doesn’t matter when his ops is so high. Abreu is papa pito I expect him to start hitting soon and Vaughn has so much talent I have no worries about him and the rookie wall. 

• Like 2

Grandal at dh.

this is a perfect lineup only changes should.

be moncada when he’s healthy and Engel when he’s facing an ideal pitcher. 

Dh should be Vaughn, grandal, abreu, lamb until eloy comes back.

other dudes can have at bats when we are desperate 

Edited by Greydawgfan1

17 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Surprised Engel's not in against the lefty.

Well, they may be easing Adam in with more off days than usual. Hoping they will also play him vs. LHPs, or at minimum bring him into the game after the starter is pulled. Thought Lamb may have played yesterday vs. today.

@SoxFanForever , Lucas career splits show he is much better in day games than night games. This year’s stats are skewed by the Fenway early morning massacre.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=giolilu01&year=Career&t=p

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s just a crazy weak lineup against a LHP

LOL everyone losing their sh*t calling for Eaton and Mercedes to sit.  Eaton and Mercedes sit.  Damn this lineup sucks.

18 games over .500 after today.  If not, the team has still done exactly what they have needed to do this far. 

Don't stop get it get it. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, jhonnydanks said:

LOL everyone losing their sh*t calling for Eaton and Mercedes to sit.  Eaton and Mercedes sit.  Damn this lineup sucks.

18 games over .500 after today.  If not, the team has still done exactly what they have needed to do this far. 

😇

6 minutes ago, jhonnydanks said:

This

It would be nice to see Engel against a lefty, but I'm pretty sure the coaches know their players better than every person on this board.

Edited by Focurjay
"Engel"
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only 4 starters today from what was projected to be the opening day lineup 

It's shocking where this team is at all things considered. Everyone involved deserves a ton of credit. 

• Like 3