6/16 Rays @ Sox, 1:10 CT

Just now, fathom said:

To see how it feels when stealing at less than 100 pct?  I see what you’re saying, as the whole thing is a little odd.

What is odd, they are being overly cautious and resting him per medical recommendation.  A day of rest is only a good thing physically.  Sucks as a fan and it cost them the game but in the long run he is needed. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Out of all of the guys, I wonder where Moncada's power went. He's still hitting balls as hard as ever but they're just not going out of the park. 

New ball has screwed him out of a few homers. A lot of his doubles are also one hoppers off the wall. He'd probably have 10 homers if it was 2020.

Edit: if he played all his games in Seattle he'd have 8 homers. It's also been some bad luck (see his 406 foot fly out in Boston).

Edited by chw42

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

What is odd, they are being overly cautious and resting him per medical recommendation.  A day of rest is only a good thing physically.  Sucks as a fan and it cost them the game but in the long run he is needed. 

I just stated what is odd. 4 steals in the minors. You would guess there would be medical advice against that when he also has to run the bases and play CF. You would think attempting 4 steals is just a strenuous as playing a day game after a night game . I would defy any medical staff to explain the difference. I'm perfectly fine with not playing a day game after a night game but it's easy to explain why it's odd given the 4 steals in the rehab assignment.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside