6/16 Rays @ Sox, 1:10 CT

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

18 games over .500, when was the last time the Sox had a record like that?

Not sure but I assume you'll find something wrong with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 4

Glad we won this one but man we need to get some stability in the bullpen, and only being able to rely on Hendricks, Kopech and Crochet isn't going to cut it. One or more of the rest need to step up and stabilize the late innings or we're going to blow a lot of leads in the postseason.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

Grandal 4 outcome hitter...

Walk 

Homer**

Walk Off Single**

**COME WITH A GUARANTEED BAT DROP

In fairness, he hit that single well enough for it to go out.

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sox missing 4 starters and with a shitty pen went toe to toe had a chance to win all 3.  2 out of 3 aint bad!

Yep, people need to keep this in mind when complaining about our Sox...a bunch of injuries and this is our B team but they keep on winning...the team will only get better when Billy, Kopech, Eloy and Robert are back. Need to find some outside help for the BP and a replacement for Nicky at the trade line and watch out. This team can hang with anybody.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

im still confused why goodwin was starting this game and not engel....

Goodwin almost won the game in the 9th...hit the ball awfully hard.  He has looked good at the plate.  

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Goodwin almost won the game in the 9th...hit the ball awfully hard.  He has looked good at the plate.  

agreed. I have seen nothing but solid at bats and contact from him. His fielding seems solid also. He is the type of pickup that may not even last the whole year...but when you do the post world series season in review you say...man, that month from him was really helpful. dudes like this always happen on winning teams. 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I didn't think he played bad.. just was a lefty on the mound and Engel's OPS vs lefties been nice the last two years.

But they were playing it safe evidently.

Edited by harkness99

1 minute ago, tray said:

Rays relievers serving a steady diet of sinkers many of which were outside the zone and called for strikes. 

The HP ump really wanted the Rays to win this game. They gave the Rays about 4 inches off the outside corner all game against right handed hitters and we got almost none of those calls.

• Thanks 1

Came here to read the Tony hate I figured I would find.  I found plenty starting at about page 39.   No one criticizing his decisions has returned to give him any credit.

Not only did the Sox win a huge confidence game but Marshall and Burr came away feeling really good about themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1