White sox winner!!!!!

harkness99

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

as much fun as this series was I want to go back to playing the shit teams.

Starting next week, we play Pittsburgh, Seattle, Minnesota, Detroit, Minnesota, and Baltimore. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Orioles are doing their very best to keep Cleveland 4.5 games back. Jose Ramirez got caught in a rundown and ended up on 3rd cause nobody was covering 2nd or 3rd for the Orioles.

I know the Indians are probably saying the same thing about us but I don’t know how they are only 4.5 games back. 

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I know the Indians are probably saying the same thing about us but I don’t know how they are only 4.5 games back. 

That's the downside of being in a really bad division. Cleveland only has to suck less than the Tigers, Royals and Twins and they can keep pace. 

Helps that they've managed to have our number recently. 

seriously dude!! Fire Rick Hahn for trading clubhouse cancer and oft injured Sale. We got Moncada and Kopech. If and its always a big if, and Kopech becomes the starter he can be the trade is a steal. Williams should fired and SHOT for Trading Tatis. THAT was the screw up of the past 10 years. He had to have that piece of shit Shields. THAT was a bad trade. Hahn was the main architect of the rebuild. Look at us now. THE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL!!!!! Now can he make a deal to shore up second base?? Can we live with Garcia and Mendick over the long haul?? I don't know. I was lucky enough to be there today!! What a rollercoaster!!! BUT EXCITING!!!! 

1 hour ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

seriously dude!! Fire Rick Hahn for trading clubhouse cancer and oft injured Sale. We got Moncada and Kopech. If and its always a big if, and Kopech becomes the starter he can be the trade is a steal. Williams should fired and SHOT for Trading Tatis. THAT was the screw up of the past 10 years. He had to have that piece of shit Shields. THAT was a bad trade. Hahn was the main architect of the rebuild. Look at us now. THE BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL!!!!! Now can he make a deal to shore up second base?? Can we live with Garcia and Mendick over the long haul?? I don't know. I was lucky enough to be there today!! What a rollercoaster!!! BUT EXCITING!!!! 

Williams and Paddy were on the Tatis bandwagon, since they were the ones most closely connected to the signing as well as Tatis, Sr.   Who has been the White Sox GM since 2013?

In fact, Shields finished with a 6.77 ERA over 22 starts for the White Sox, and Chicago ended with a 78-84 record in what would be Robin Ventura’s last year as manager. With each powerfully furious step Tatis Jr. made through the Padres’ system, this deal became tougher and tougher to forget.

“Yeah, yeah,” said Hahn with a resigned smile of the deal being frequently discussed. “I’m aware of that. Looking at Tatis, I view that as a great success for our international scouting program. Work that Marco Paddy and his people did to identify him and acquire him should be commended. Although he was only with us for roughly a year or so, the work that our player-development people did with him was very good as well. And there were people in the organization who spoke highly of his potential.

“No one went into that deal ignorant of what this kid could possibly turn into,” Hahn said. “At the same time, the decision to make that trade was motivated by elements within the organization we are trying to avoid as we complete this rebuild, as we get to the other side of the rebuild.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/rick-hahn-looks-back-on-trade-of-fernando-tatis-jr

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RoniRolls said:

What is happening with this team is pretty amazing.  The injuries could have wrecked us, but the organization keeps bringing up and bringing in players that step right in and make plays.  Time to give a shit ton of credit to this staff.

Seriously I can’t stop smiling about it.

A few weeks ago we had a nice run against some central teams feeling great we had maybe figured out how to make this work with Billy Hamilton and Jake Lamb filling the gaps.

Then Hamilton and Madrigal go down and we have a stretch of great AL east teams where we figured out how to make it work with Leury Garcia and Brian Goodwin.

Like what?

Credit to the pitchers, but the depth has kept us rolling.

• Like 1